accelerator pedal sensor failed?

Mike Elliott

today, engine starts and idles, but will not respond to accelerator pedal movement...codes read were 2043 and 1611...recently replaced the cam position sensor, and cleaned the plugs on both ends of that circuit...went about a 1,000 miles, now this...do accelerator position sensors just quit???
thoughts?
THX
Mike

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Not normally it is influenced by other factors, two of..Control unit CR sensor overview Code No 496/497 1 and 2 pedal sensor each has a specified value [0...100] an actual value [0] and a unit of percentages [%]:
Richard

Mike Elliott

thanks richard, it will be interesting what the tech at the shop i had it towed to has to say, i will keep you posted...
it's summer at your house, we are looking at temps in the minus range here in Maine this week...
Best
Mike

abittenbinder

Doktor A (864-623-9110)
today, engine starts and idles, but will not respond to accelerator pedal movement...codes read were 2043 and 1611...recently replaced the cam position sensor, and cleaned the plugs on both ends of that circuit...went about a 1,000 miles, now this...do accelerator position sensors just quit???
thoughts?
THX
Mike
The 1611 fault code is your best clue for a symptom of no acceleration.

You should also be showing a fault code for the accelerator pedal reference voltage because 1611 indicates a failure of the 5V reference circuit supplied by the Engine Control Module and this 5V supply is used by the camshaft sensor AND the accelerator pedal position sensor.

Contact me directly for pin outs and hints for troubleshooting.

Doktor A

Mike Elliott

Doctor A and others...you hit the nail on the head, as yesterday the local tech found a metal shard sticking off the edge of the head,which had been puncturing the wiring harness, and causing intermitant shorts and voltage spikes and drops...he removed the harness, and inspected every inch, and repaired the affected spots. This was driving many people crazy trying to figure it out in the local shop...Thanks all
Mike

Mike Elliott

Hi Dr B...could you post your contact info for my future reference? Or perhaps it's somewhere on this forum.
Many thanks
Mike

Top Bottom