PDA

View Full Version : injector issues please help

mustang281
01-15-2013, 08:39 PM
Ok so Ive read everything on here about my problem but have some unanswered questions. My no2 injector started ticking opened the hood and sure enough noticed it was the injector. So i went to my local dealer got a cipper washer from them went home pulled the injectore noticed the threads on the injectore hold down bolt didnt exist. Relizing that the dealer must have put a heli coil in it last year when all five injectors were done. I know relize why it was leaking. Long story short had to tap it 3/8 and use a ss allen bolt. It was so strriped that's the only size that would make good threads. Cleaned up the head seat and injector and put it all back. I get the same ticking leak issue.So my questions are becuase it was leaking and blck death started to set in should i get a new injector or should i try again. If so what is the best way to clean the head seat?

talkinghorse43
01-16-2013, 12:46 AM
Sounds like you're in deep do-do. Of course the surfaces the copper washer seals against have to be smooth and parallel and the tooling to resurface the head (if not smooth and perpendicular to the bore) has been shown several times here (Europarts-sd.com is a rental source). But, your bigger problem is the hold down. You need to get to a place where you can once again use the spec'd bolt. Since you now have a 3/8 thread there, you need to find or make a reducer that will get you from 3/8 to 6x1mm. This is important because the spec'd bolt acts as a spring to hold the injector tight against the surface of the head.