habdala
01-12-2013, 10:08 PM
Hi there!

I was able to read the codes with my OBDII

p0380 Glow Plug/Heater Circuit A
90674 Cylinder 4 Glow Plug Circuit/Open
p0672 Cylinder 2 Glow Plug Circuit/Open
p0671 Cylinder 1 Glow Plug Circuit/Open

Is this an easy fix? any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Hassan

autostaretx
01-12-2013, 10:24 PM
It could be that the glow plug module has blown its internal fuses for those plugs (probably because they short-circuited).

Look into this thread: http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16619
and surlyoldbill's "questions about my module repair" thread.

If you buy a new replacement module, it has different circuitry which theoretically avoids the internal damage.

...and don't forget that your glow plugs really could be bad (or the wiring harness damaged)

good luck
--dick

ECU
01-13-2013, 12:52 AM
Replace the glow plugs and control module. Good luck that they all come out easy.
You should have long crank starting at below 35C with that many out.

habdala
01-13-2013, 10:56 PM
Replace the glow plugs and control module. Good luck that they all come out easy.
You should have long crank starting at below 35C with that many out.

I usually do a double heat before starting and works like a charm.

I recently pick this van and notice a smaller battery than the ones I've seen in the past, the battery is about 4" shorter than the original one, I'm planing on replacing this battery but will a lower Ah battery trow those code out of whack?

Thank you!

habdala
01-13-2013, 10:58 PM
It could be that the glow plug module has blown its internal fuses for those plugs (probably because they short-circuited).

Look into this thread: http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16619
and surlyoldbill's "questions about my module repair" thread.

If you buy a new replacement module, it has different circuitry which theoretically avoids the internal damage.

...and don't forget that your glow plugs really could be bad (or the wiring harness damaged)

good luck
--dick

Question?

If the module blow a fuse does that mean the plug is also bad?

rebelyell
01-13-2013, 11:10 PM
Be VERY VERY CAREFUL when removing glow plugs. These motors are NOTORIOUS for glow plugs snapping off and becoming stuck in the cylinder head during removal. You should slightly loosen then tighten over and over and over and very slowly and carefully back them out. And use PLENTY of PB blaster.

Good luck!

surlyoldbill
01-14-2013, 01:37 AM
Question?

If the module blow a fuse does that mean the plug is also bad?

Most of the time, yes.
Sometimes the wiring harness can wear through, grounding the wire between the GP and the module. I had a brand new GP still blowing fuses in my modified module, and discovered a bad wiring harness.