PDA

View Full Version : Seat bolts question.

Onesweetvan
01-11-2013, 05:43 PM
Hi,

I've mounted a Sprinter bench in a different van, using the Sprinter floor brackets. My question is:

What size bolts are used in the stock application? Judging by the size of the hole in the bracket, it looks like 10 or 12mm.

If someone can provide the following that would be great!

Size, pitch(fine or coarse thread) grade.

Also, on the middle bracket, do the bolts go into a frame-like section or just a reinforced floor?

Thanks.

autostaretx
01-11-2013, 08:25 PM
Oh, rats... i should know this, 'cuz i went and bought longer versions for my own conversion.
Let's start with: the OEM bolt is Dodge part number 6104216AA (list price $7.43, $5.20 plus shipping from http://www.sprinterparts.net/oem-sprinter-parts.html )
Yes, they're a higher grade bolt. (neither the service manual nor parts catalog list the bolts' specs...)

What i did was take one of the existing bolts to the local extended Pick-a-Nut Ace hardware store and matched size/grade/threads.
(and i ended up with a Hex head, not a Torx)

--dick

bc339
01-12-2013, 12:25 AM
According to the EPC (startechinfo), they are M10x30 Hexalobular (fancy way of saying torx head) Bolts, or 10mm thick and 30 mm long. The pitch is not identified, but a fine pitch is 1.0mm, medium is 1.25mm and coarse is 1.5mm.
The bolts go through the floor into a nut plate/captured nut welded to the floor.

Bruce

P.S. - If you are adding the brackets to a cargo version, there may be some differences with under floor cross members. There are several posts of adding the brackets in cargo vans that may help.

Onesweetvan
01-14-2013, 11:58 PM
Thanks for all the help so far. Does the head have a "flange" or some sort of shoulder?

Thanks.

Bob

rimjaine
01-15-2013, 12:12 AM
Hi,

I've mounted a Sprinter bench in a different van, using the Sprinter floor brackets. My question is:

What size bolts are used in the stock application? Judging by the size of the hole in the bracket, it looks like 10 or 12mm.

If someone can provide the following that would be great!

Size, pitch(fine or coarse thread) grade.

Also, on the middle bracket, do the bolts go into a frame-like section or just a reinforced floor?

Thanks.

I just did some work on my '05 Sprinter LTV seats, the bolts were 8m 1.25 pitch.
Later, Jim

TamagoVan
06-02-2018, 12:25 AM
In my 2016 passenger they are M12, 1.5mm pitch.