PDA

View Full Version : I could not get in! #%*)(@! Door Lock Trouble

tab380
01-05-2008, 03:29 AM
I got to my last job and used the door remote as always to lock the doors. When I got back, the remote did nothing.:yell: Thinking the battery's were low I used the key in the drivers door and it turned, but the lock did not pop up.:censored: I tried the back door lock and it opened, climbed over my stuff to get the side door open, but I have a bulkhead and could not get to the cab.:cry:
Called Dodge and they told me to have it towed in.:wtf: I checked the battery's in the remote and they (2) checked out OK. I got my tools and took down the bulkhead and unlocked the door. The dash lock switch did not work either.:bash:
I drove it to Dodge and when I got there the remote was working but the key lock still did not work. They took it in right away and the mech. reattached a plastic lever to the lock to get the key lock to work and ordered new parts. But now I am afraid to lock the door till the parts come in and can't understand why the remote and dash switch stop working.

sikwan
01-05-2008, 06:26 AM
I think someone tried to break in. :hmmm: Can't you unlock the passenger side with the key? Any scratches or abnormal smears in the window area?

Your last service call must've been in the hood. :bounce:

jdcaples
01-05-2008, 07:24 PM
Can't you unlock the passenger side with the key?

My Sprinter's a few blocks away as I type this - and I don't open the passenger door very often - but I don't think my passenger door handle has a key hole.

-Jon

PS: Good to know about the potential. Thanks tab380. I' think I'll keep some torx drivers in the cargo bay in case I have to pull down my partition.

bikerjoe
01-23-2008, 05:11 AM
Perhaps your van is controlled by the HAL-2000. "HAL, open the door!" ... "I can't do that ... Dave."

nicki
03-22-2008, 02:26 PM
Hi I have a similiar problem - does anyone know how to take the barrel out of an old door handle?

I was locked out of the drivers side and had to get in via the passenger door. I got the new parts only to find I have to change over the old barrel for the door lock ...thanks...