Another Glow Plug Brand Thread

Sprinter808

2006 Dodge 2500
Anyone ever used these?
http://www.dieselrxproducts.com/glow-plugs.php

I sent an email inquiry, and they said they are nickel plated, like the Beru oem.
From what they say, these are the only US made glow plug, and the price seems right...

After reading the 26 page post about changing glow plugs, I am not looking forward to changing mine! :doh:

After reading the 26 page post about changing glow plugs, I am not looking forward to changing mine! :doh:
You don't include your model year. Please add that as suggested below.

It's not that terrible. Just don't overdo things and break off a glowplug. Patience will pay big. I have some of my experience and additional info in my Cheap Tricks. If you haven't found that, maybe it will help. vic

Beginning Post #141 here
https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?p=117395#post117395

Add your vehicle info to all your posts automatically!!!!! It's easy to do. It will help you to get answers. Thank you.

Here's how to do it.

The most direct method is probably in your "Details".
After you are logged in click on "Private Messages" (or “Quick Links”) in the upper right corner.
On the left side under "Your Profile" click on "Edit your Details".
Scroll down to the "Custom User Title" box.
Click in that box and type the information.
I suggest “Vehicle year – NAFTA or 311, etc.” depending upon your location.
Scroll down to the "Save Changes" box. Click on that and you are done.

Another place is in your "Signature".
Click on "Private Messages" (or “Quick Links”) in the upper right.
On the left look for "Setting and Options".
Click on "Edit Signature".
Scroll down to the text box which looks like what you use to add a post to the forum. Type in the information you want.
I used “NAFTA 2004 OM647 140 2500 Std Roof >246,000 mi. DAD” [/QUOTE]
Scroll down to "Preview Signature". If the preview looks like what you want, scroll down to "Save Signature", click on that and you're done.

Sprinter808

2006 Dodge 2500
You don't include your model year. Please add that as suggested below.

It's not that terrible. Just don't overdo things and break off a glowplug. Patience will pay big. I have some of my experience and additional info in my Cheap Tricks. If you haven't found that, maybe it will help. vic

Beginning Post #141 here
https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?p=117395#post117395

Add your vehicle info to all your posts automatically!!!!! It's easy to do. It will help you to get answers. Thank you.
OK, Done !

Thanks for the words of encouragement !
I have, indeed read many of your posts on this and other subjects.
Thanks to you for your many contributions. :cheers:
Were it not for this forum, I never would have considered removing the glow plugs while the head is warm. It's contrary to everything else I've been taught.

SprinterHelp

2005 Dudge Sprinter 144
Hey how do these work, is this the ones that advertise solves hard start issues? I am interested. My gps heat up almost 20 seconds when 15 below. when its like ten or above only two seconds or when warm, and hard start

Sprinter808

2006 Dodge 2500
So, only 10 months later.... No one said anything bad about them, so
I decided to try the Diesel Rx (aka Wellman) glow plugs. They seem well made (produced in the USA!) and so far, they work great. The price was right too, at $8.76 each + ship from www.thedieselstore.com .
It has not been colder than 32 degrees since I installed them, but the van starts right up every time. I also changed the battery. The old battery was at least 5 years old, or more. I went with an AGM style battery from Sears. Very happy with that purchase also.
I found it is very important to load test the battery, preferably disconnected from the vehicle, rather than simply testing the voltage.
I think that a weak battery would cause the glow plugs to cycle longer than they otherwise would to reach operating temperature (less current available).
General consensus is that Sprinters are more sensitive than some vehicles to marginal batteries (due to the extensive use of computer control).

I also use a fuel additive year round - either Howes or Stanadyne or Power Service. Using an additive seems to be even more important in the winter.
I notice improved starts, reduced smoking (of the van :smirk:), and a bit better mpg over all.

jmoller99

Own a DAD ODB2 Unit.
I go to http://www.thedieselstore.com and select glow plugs for my Sprinter and all I see are the Bosch Glow Plugs ($23.66 each) there, They may not stock them anymore.

When I looked at the Diesel RX Website - the T1N (2.7 liter) uses part number: DRX00024

Googling 'DRX00024 dieselrx glow plugs' found a lot of hits.

Last edited:

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
I go to http://www.thedieselstore.com and select glow plugs for my Sprinter and all I see are the Bosch Glow Plugs ($23.66 each) there, They may not stock them anymore.

When I looked at the Diesel RX Website - the T1N (2.7 liter) uses part number: DRX00024

Googling 'DRX00024 dieselrx glow plugs' found a lot of hits.
I found them first time (and I'm the other side of the pond!)... Link.

Keith (in UK).

Top Bottom