Emergency Egress Number 1

Amboman

Sometimes you just gotta go, yes i have another onboard container but this one doesn't need emptying. After deciding never to have an onboard toilet pan this is the quickest solution, now for those completely shocked by the methods in the old days if you travelled on a train guess where it went. :popcorn::popcorn:

...now for those completely shocked by the methods in the old days if you travelled on a train guess where it went. :popcorn::popcorn:
I'm not completely shocked, but keep in mind that the train method deposited waste on a gravel bed and wooden ties in mostly rural areas.

A caution to the uninitiated. Never open a 5 gallon bucket of Drywall Joint Compound that you find in a remote corner of a construction work area. :professor:

If you order one of these then you won't even need to leave the driver seat. Think of all the time you can save while traveling. :cheers: vic

http://www.sneakyleaker.com/

Edit: You may want to review this recent thread. :tongue:

https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24225

Last edited:

geoffs

2003 T1N 316CDI LWB
Long range aircraft (reconnaissance and bombers) used to have these at every crew seat.
Known affectionately as 'pissophones' due to them looking like old time speaking tubes

Old Crows

Calypso 2014 View Profile
Long range aircraft (reconnaissance and bombers) used to have these at every crew seat.
Known affectionately as 'pissophones' due to them looking like old time speaking tubes
And don't mistake the two.... :thumbup:

You need one of these for increased efficiency.... a pee tube venturi ... mount on roof! :tongue:

Crow is going to avoid yellow rain!

Attachments

Last edited:

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Fighters had them too... and where it exited the fuselage, it was labeled "Relief Tube"

--dick

Cole

OUTLAW SPRINTER!!!
Too bad the picuters from this thread are gone.

I've contimpated a #1 stealth drain set up. Basically a funnel into a sand/gravel/?? Filled container mounted under the van. With some tiny holes in it so it would evaporate/drain super slowly as to not smell or be super obvious.

I travel with a toddler 99% of the time and I swear she decides to take a nap for 2 hours directly after I drink a giant coffee:lol: Then of course you can't leave a sleeping toddler alone in the van while you go into a store to take a leak.

I've got a ports potty but hate having to empty it for something so simple as one coffee break:crazy:

pfflyer

I just open the slider and empty my pee jug after every use if possible. If not it goes home with me to spread on flowers to keep the deer away. I park with the slider facing away from crowds and are usually close to a parking lot island or grass so that there isn't a wet spot on the pavement. If I stop on an off ramp, I angle the van where the slider is hid from cars coming from behind and no one is the wiser. I did have a HERO unit stop and ask if I needed any help one time. I just told him I was securing a load.

Cole

OUTLAW SPRINTER!!!
Wih a sleeping toddler and two dogs you don't always want to be slamming wider dogs or storing pee in any kind of container inside! The odds of it getting dumped, squashed, chewed, etc are high.

Just looking for a simple built in solution that is totally stealth.

... The odds of it getting dumped, squashed, chewed, etc are high.

Just looking for a simple built in solution that is totally stealth.
Can't help with chewed. This is dump proof.

Restaurant pump style container with screw top.

HeinzBig.jpg

vic

random

05 140" SHC 2500 Cargo
Gatorade bottle. Dispose of properly first chance( on secluded grass). It is geto but cheap, easy, dependable.

Cole

OUTLAW SPRINTER!!!
Gatorade bottle. Dispose of properly first chance( on secluded grass). It is geto but cheap, easy, dependable.
Don't drink man made chemical sugar filled drinks so never have these type of disposable bottles on hand.

I even haven own water source on board so don't even have the disposable water bottles.

One solution is the coffee cup it came in. Reuse, recycle.
As for the drain ratio. Why not feed it in to the exhaust system or add it to the BlueTec.
http://www.dmbnews.net/2009/04/keith-urban-tour-bus-dumps-septic-tank-in-nyc.html

I've used the same stainless steel coffee cup for 20 years:crazy: So rarely have a disposable coffee cup on hand either. Occasially I've had an iced one from Starbucks and that does work well!

Really looking for a more consistent solution for the random unplanned needs.

surlyoldbill

One trick I learned many years ago was the "checking the tire pressure" move. You just squat down by the tire and play with the valve while peeing. For emergency use in crowded areas only. Works best off pavement. I've also just sat on the step in the slider and went on the side of the road or at the edge parking space in a lot. Very rare, but sometimes plans and coffee don't cooperate.

The luggable loo is a good solution, but opening up a used 5gal bucket inside the confined space of a van will result in a stench that will seep in to the fabric for some time. I guess the best way to deal with the 5gal bucket toilet is to have several layers of plastic bags (kitchen garbage bags) inside, and tie them off after each use. The older bags get sealed in the newer bags with each use; toss asap, but NEVER ON THE ROAD, ALWAYS USE TRASH CANS. There's already too much litter from the self-centered or mouth-breathing portions of the population.

Top Bottom