Solar panels on Unity

renotse

Has anyone added solar panels to their Unity? If so please help me by describing how it is configured and how it is working out. I am entertaining adding solar to my Unity TB.

PortlandRV

2012 and 2016 IB
I'm right there with you on the solar. The Unity is apparently pre-wired for solar and satellite. It's stubbed out on the roof for both. But I don't have a clue as to where and how you tap into either inside the van. If anyone has any reference they can point us to it would be most appreciated.:thinking:

leptronjohn

leptronjohn
I crawled around my new unity today and see the wiring inside comes out at the panel over the entry door. Next week we take delivery, I will install a solar panel right away. we can feed each other info, I am with your guys.
john

leptronjohn

leptronjohn
Hello Portlandrv,
We bought the u24mb with the theatre seating. this will allow me to do office work at times or camp when we want.. I sure like the leasure van details and finish, what do you have? When we retire to the san juans we can use it to shop in "america" once a month or so.
john

Last edited:

PortlandRV

2012 and 2016 IB
Hello Portlandrv,
We bought the u24mb with the theatre seating. this will allow me to do office work at times or camp when we want.. I sure like the leasure van details and finish, what do you have? When we retire to the san juans we can use it to shop in "america" once a month or so.
john
We are in the IB (see profile pics). Picked ours up in June from the factory. Just finished upgrading the bedding with a memory foam mattress pad, 600 thread count sheets and Hotel Collection comforter and pillow shams. Can't wait to sleep in the luxury bedroom now:snore: The original custom bedspread is nice, but the new bedding really compliments the superior finish of the IB bedroom.

We are planning a trip up to the San Juan Islands this year. See you there?

leptronjohn

leptronjohn
Your bed change sound exciting, what brand did you choose, bedding? Are you still using a short queen?
I believe this forum needs a thread that is about the changes and improvements everyone is doing. It may wake the forum up.
Meeting in the islands or even the run up would be a blast. We are hoping the weather is good, we intend to run a small boat to several of the small and close in islands such as sucia. I kept a sail boat in anacortus for over twenty years and love the area.
John and kathy

PortlandRV

2012 and 2016 IB
We picked up the bedding at Macy's. It's their top of the line bedding product called "Hotel Collection". I'll snap a picture and post it in our profile.

The mattress size in the IB actually measures out to be a full size and not a queen as advertised by LTV. So full size fitted bottom sheets fit perfectly on this bed.

The mattress topper is a Novaform 3" memory foam topper that we picked up at Costco. We got the bedding product during the 1 day sale and saved 60%. Our total investment for everything is about $300.00. Well worth a good night's sleep... or two.

I agree on your comment about waking up this forum. Could just be the holidays and the fact that it's winter. But it is a bit on quiet side around here lately:idunno:

Happy Holidays! May your travels be safe and smooth in 2013.

Last edited:

jackfish

I have been having discussions with AM Solar in Springfield, OR. They did an install on a 2012 LTV Unity last June. Here is the picture:

There sure seems like more room than I thought there would be on that roof.

PortlandRV

2012 and 2016 IB
Here's a picture of a factory installed ladder to access the roof. There's plenty of room up there to install panels. Any idea what the cost was for the panels/installation?

Top Bottom