PDA

View Full Version : New 2007 - What Can I Expect?

Burchie
12-31-2007, 02:22 AM
I have a new 2007 2500, 144" WB, High Roof with the turbo diesel engine being delivered in a week or so. Those of you that have been putting the '07 redesign through it's paces, what can I expect the first 25,000 miles or so?

Does the oil and filter really need to be changed every 10,000 miles?

I found the recall on the fuel tank attachment bolts that the dealer is taking care of...are there any other flaws that should be addressed immediately? (Like the squeaky brakes I've read about...)

Are the stock tires adequate for snow? (I live in Chicago and they do a pretty good job of clearing the roads...occasional snowpack on the side streets.)

I have the diesel engine heater booster...is it meant to warm up the cab interior with the engine idling? (I hope so.)

I also have the parametric module...was that a waste of money or can it be useful? (I want to add a mobile computer support and outlet.)

I'll leave it at that for now as all the questions above could probably be their own thread... Thanks.

jdcaples
12-31-2007, 07:54 AM
Does the oil and filter really need to be changed every 10,000 miles?

Congratulations on your purchase. The only question I'm comfortable answering is the one quoted above.

Please follow the manufacturer's guidance. It's in the owners manual.

The Sprinter engine is found in other vehicles, like the GL320 CDI. That GL320's service manual states that the first oil is "break-in" oil.

The oil is matched to the break-in period designed into the engine. Service techs are firmly instructed to not change the oil prematurely.

-Jon