wireless backup camera

kurt

Just picked up a backup camera from Costco. Price was about 70 bucks with a 3.5 inch LCD monitor. Was wondering if anyone has experience with this camera? Price was certainly good. See attached pics
Return backup camera to Costco """"NO GOOD""" big time junk. With wireless you pickup lots of junk from all direction,solid wire connection is the only way to go.

BigBlueBus

I've also heard alot of bad things about wireless cameras. Reception is limited when going under power lines, and interferes with any other radio signal. Also, when reception is good, picture quality is not as good as wired units. Better stick to the wired systems. Also, 3.5" display is too small, better get at least 7" for a more detailed picture of what's behind you.

John

acvr4

I purchased one of the old styled ones a few years ago. I installed it in another vehical and was very happy with it for awhile. I modified the camera housing to custom fit. Well in time the seal didn't hold and I got moisture in it now I guess that is why they had a mini pack of the silicone in there:thinking:. The plastic lense cover hazed with the winter salt. The camera is still good and it has a adjustable lense (screw type) but th cler cover i junk.

I also purchased one like pictured above. For the price I'm going to try it, not sure if what I'll try it on.

Burchie

I bought this system and will report on it after install. I also bought the camera mount from www.rearviewsystems.com that Enrico recommended.
The camera mount arrived yesterday and the backup camera with the 7" LCD color screen arrived today. Unfortunately the camera that came from the ebay source is wider than the camera mount from reaviewsytems, so I'll be doing some other sort of mount. The $250 ebay camera and screen 'look' very nice...it'll be interesting to see how it works...

Burchie

Inlad is going install my new backup camera system next week during the upfitting of my shelves, bulkhead etc. I had their electrician look at it and all the wiring. He said it's very similar to the unit they sell and the extended bracket I bought from rearviewsystems isn't necessary and not compatible anyway...so it's going back. I'll post pics once it's all done...

unimog

Burchie, I would be very interested in how this works out for you and a few pics would be great. I am planning a similar installation as well

Top Bottom