Fletchy Fuel Question

From Write-ups area.
Hi first post!
Just changed y piece fuel hose that runs to hp pump and need to check correct position for refit,does it fit to pump connection closer to fan or away?
Also pre-delivery pump lines were off ,now non-starter no fuel in clear line at filter or one of the hp pump lines.
I assume I need to get fuel up there somehow !
2004 2.2 cdi
I think I have just posted this as a reply,apologies I will get there!
I'm not familiar with the 2004 2.2 engine. Clear fuel line... It sounds like you may have an engine mounted mechanical low pressure fuel pump? If you do, all fuel fittings need to be tight so it can pull (suck) fuel from the tank. If you have an in tank electric fuel pump then it will self prime after a few key cycles and fuel will leak out if there are any problems. A mechanical, mounted on the engine, low pressure pump will also self prime by cranking, but not if there are any leaks to let it suck air. Sorry I can't offer more. vic

Last edited:

Fletchy

2004 211 2.2 cdi
Many thanks for help
It's now running,there were 2 faults in my refit
1:return lines from high pressure pump wrong way round(won't listen to that mechanic again)
2:didn't quite understand that the return line clips with strange horseshoe bit worked different than 1st view ie.push clip in to unlock not other way round.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Fuel is delivered in one direction only other wise the small banjo valve thing locks down.no-start,although how you get them back to front is beyond me .
Richard
DSC00161 (Custom).JPG

Image-1.jpg

DSC03534 (Custom).JPG

DSC03538 (Custom).JPG

DSC03539 (Custom).JPG

Last edited:

Fletchy

2004 211 2.2 cdi
Your diagram shows different connections to mine
Where my 2 clear lines connect to the high pressure pump they sit immediately beside each other with a metal clamp and 8mm bolt(close to no164 and 142) it is possible to do very easily
I did it !

Top Bottom