Bixenon upgrade?

ilovegt100

I am in process of upfitting a 3500 chassis and was offered a bixenon retrofit. It would not have the cornering functions or washers. Anybody so unhappy with the factory 2012 lights that the bixenon is worth the cost of retrofitting?

Thanks.

gary 32

07 ncv3 pv
I am in process of upfitting a 3500 chassis and was offered a bixenon retrofit. It would not have the cornering functions or washers. Anybody so unhappy with the factory 2012 lights that the bixenon is worth the cost of retrofitting?

Thanks.
What is being installed and how much?
Bixenon is a really good upgrade if done correctly, search the term for more info....

ilovegt100

2300. Factory bixenon but without cornering or washers. I am worried that they might be illegal without washers- read somewhere they cause starring that can blind other drivers when dirty.

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
2300. Factory bixenon but without cornering or washers. I am worried that they might be illegal without washers- read somewhere they cause starring that can blind other drivers when dirty.
It would help if you told us which country you call "home."

-Jon

I have 2 cars with HID/projector lights including an E-Class and I really like them. However I have the standard halogen lamps on my Sprinter because that is how it was equipped by whoever ordered it. I am happy with these halogens. Unlike a lot of the rental cars with reflector halogen lamps I have driven, I dont feel the Sprinter lights leave a lot of holes or dark spots out in front. Maybe if I drove at night, a lot, I might think the HID/projector option on a Sprinter is worth the extra cost as I am sure it is an improvement, but as it is - I dont.

gary 32

07 ncv3 pv
So clean them. Many forum members would go the 2,300.00 factory route.
I used aftermarket and did it myself, the parts and materials total was under 350.00 not counting my labor. Search ncv3 headlight upgrades, we explored many aftermarket options.
The results I achieved are worth every penny and stone dead reliable. I run 70 psi front and 80 psi rear, there has been discussion here about fragile headlamps and lower tire pressures to avoid problems, I have not had these issues.

Last edited:

glojo

In certain countries it is indeed illegal to have them fitted without a wash system and ballast or auto-level. I guess if we are in a country where it is not against the law then it could be suggested it would be good manners to fit these features as those powerful lights can dazzle any oncoming driver.

Yes we do have this very nice option and they are superior to the standard headlight but only you can decide if they are worth the cost. My thoughts are the standard headlights are very good and this is all about choice :thumbup:

Top Bottom