CD Steering wheel control???

m0v1em4n

UK Sprinter 311 cdi 2007
Hi Guys,

New to these forums and was wondering if you guys could give me some help

Looking to buy a Mercedes Sprinter possibly 2007 on wards and was wondering if all UK sprinters come with some form of stalk or steering wheel control for the CD player? Allot that I have looked at don't have it built into the steering wheel ( perhaps reserved for the select few ) But i can't see whether some have stalk control

If not is it possible to get one aftermarket

Thanks

mean_in_green

>2,000,000m in MB vans
Hi m0v1em4n,

No, it isn't a standard factory option for UK Sprinters: the Multi-Function Steering wheel (with buttons) is optional. Assuming you already have this then yes you can buy an adapter to interface with your brand of radio if you want to change from the standard Sound fitment.

If you mean "is this possible without the steering wheel buttons?" then I haven't heard of such a kit. I would think it's technically possible though, as a "stalk adapter" is just a switch box for those inputs.

Opinion on the desirability of the Multi-Function 'wheel does seem polarized. As well as being able to fiddle with your radio without taking your hands off the wheel you can also use them on the settings and features in the dash menu screen. I guess you either like that idea or you don't?!

m0v1em4n

UK Sprinter 311 cdi 2007
Thanks,

Most off the van I have been looking at have been on internet site, so it hasn't been possible to see much of the cab, but went to mertrux today to take a closer look and it would seem the the sprinter only has one stalk.

The van I drive at the moment has a similar feature, And i must admit I do use,

Do you think the wiring for the Multi-Function Steering wheel would be present on all Sprinters? so if it was possible to get a steering wheel with the button, would it be feasible to retrofit or wouldn't it be that simple :laughing:

Last edited:

mean_in_green

>2,000,000m in MB vans
If the wires ain't used for something else they won't be there - you can be sure of that as Daimler-Chrysler are ruthless at cutting out anything which wasn't asked for on the production line.

In Europe you've got the best chance at all of getting something retrofitted and correctly working as globally speaking you are in the manufacturer's shadow. The workshops mostly have the knowledge to do it, although many will not want to. Those who are willing are likely to charge you too much to put it back in, and there are some options which are simply cost prohibitive to retrofit.

Ask the same question at several workshops and you'll soon get a feel for what's possible.

Top Bottom