Rehash an old topic - MB 2012 Audio 20

tony.voudy

I have searched..... a lot of this before I decide to throw a $900 brick out the door. On the 2012 "upgraded" audio 20 with Bluetooth enabled, I am able to talk on my phone, and download contacts straight to the audio 20 all day.

I wanted to make sure I have done everything in my power to confirm that the audio 20 is NOT able to play audio mp3s, etc through the bluetooth before I ditch this unit into the abyss. I cannot for the life of me think of why MB would put this device in a sprinter and allow you to talk on your cell phone, but not use the audio channel of the bluetooth to play MP3s.

Toss it?

:censored:

T.J.T

Toss it to me :thumbup:

I cant offer you advice on the matter other then Ill take it off your hands if you dont keep it.

sodaparis

I have a similiar audio 20 I put in my 07, BT music would be great but since it doesn't work that way I have a sprinter specific phone mount that holds the phone, charges it, and sends the audio through on cable.

I listen to a lot of Internet radio (iheart, pandora, songza, etc) and also use my phones turn by turn navigation. It integrates very well with the audio 20; get a call the music stops, hang up it goes back on, the navigation voices a direction, the music fades then comes back.

I guess it depends on the phone you have and whether you're opposed to a phone mount, but if you plug your phone in to charge anyway, you wouldn't have to do anything else.

As said before though, if you're throwing it out, I'll take it:smirk:

tony.voudy

I have a similiar audio 20 I put in my 07, BT music would be great but since it doesn't work that way I have a sprinter specific phone mount that holds the phone, charges it, and sends the audio through on cable.

I listen to a lot of Internet radio (iheart, pandora, songza, etc) and also use my phones turn by turn navigation. It integrates very well with the audio 20; get a call the music stops, hang up it goes back on, the navigation voices a direction, the music fades then comes back.

I guess it depends on the phone you have and whether you're opposed to a phone mount, but if you plug your phone in to charge anyway, you wouldn't have to do anything else.

As said before though, if you're throwing it out, I'll take it:smirk:
Here is a pic of the head unit. Is this the same one you have? What exactly is a sprinter phone mount?

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Audio 20 sound system [single CD system] AM/FM tuner.
MP3,WMA,12.7cm Color display is fully activated for MP3 and Bluetooth previously it needed to be dealer activated, and may still be required in the states.
Steering wheel buttons are nowt standard no longer an option since 2009

The system is over priced as to sound! this can be improved by retrofitting Mercedes Benz smart audio 5 bass upgrade it's fantastic. As for a one single CD disc hell even audio 5 has a five stacker built into the head unit.
24052012117 (Custom) (Custom).jpg
the newest audio five now has the large color screen same as audio 20
and you get the real bling with sound upgrades and all features work with or without steering wheel controls.
Dammed if I know what Benz is thinking off playing with an expensive van with an outdated radio.
Richard

sodaparis

Here is a pic of the head unit. Is this the same one you have? What exactly is a sprinter phone mount?

Mine is the same, but mine is single cd yours looks to be multi-disk.

This is the mount I use, it's made for the sprinter dash and they have 2 other mounts for different locations on the dash. This is the base of the mount, you then select a device holder that is specific for your phone which attaches to the base.

The two-piece design is nice when you upgrade your phone you just need to get a new device holder but the base mount stays.

http://www.proclipusa.com/image.aspx/media/images/products/dashmounts/853873-4.JPG-800x

tony.voudy

I am at the point where I am going to send a letter to MB telling them their audio 20 is garbage. I wasted $900 on a piece of junk. Why in the world design a head unit that does bluetooth phone but not include audio as well????

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
I've had Bluetooth in my mirror unit from day one.My GPS is integrated through the MB radio for Bluetooth audio enchanted sound.
Bass is mean.
010 copy (Custom).jpg
NCV Bluetooth hands free system is standard with the standard Miltie function steering wheel, however it wasn't standard on the older NCV models from 2006 through to 2009 down under, and strange as it is- still no inboard GPS on the Sprinter.But yes on other Mercedes units?
Crazy days .
Richard

Last edited:

tony.voudy

I've had Bluetooth in my mirror unit from day one.My GPS is integrated through the MB radio for Bluetooth audio enchanted sound.
Bass is mean.
View attachment 46553
NCV Bluetooth hands free system is standard with the standard Miltie function steering wheel, however it wasn't standard on the older NCV models from 2006 through to 2009 down under, and strange as it is- still no inboard GPS on the Sprinter.But yes on other Mercedes units?
Crazy days .
Richard
Wow! Sounds like a great setup!

elemental

Wherever you go, there you are.
this radio is garbage no aux jack no bluetooth audio no usb and mb made it like that just to annoy us
You have thrown in a comment on an 8-year old thread. Recent Sprinter models have options for radios that can play music via Bluetooth and USB (my 2017 does, anyway) as well as pair phones via Bluetooth.

Top Bottom