Show me your Graphite Grey, Black Blue or Carbon Black

HMR TYM

I'm having a tough time making a final decision on color for my 2013 order. I have Jet Black on the order form now but messing around on the MBSprinter site has me undecided.

Does anyone have pictures of these colors on their van that I may see.

Thanks in advance and for putting up with all my questions of late.

WPJ

There is two graphite grays on metallic and one not. Most pictures on the internet get it mixed up.

I have a Mercedes. 2023 color guide do you want me to take a high red pic and email you?
Will

HMR TYM

Google is my friend. Google is my friend. I have to remember this. Ive been doing a search there and have found some actual sprinters in these colors. The MB site is very deceiving over real life.

Thank you for your offer but I think I can use the google search to help me decide. I wish I could see them all in person but that's not likely.

HMR TYM

Oooooo. 'Black Blue' is sharp in near life photos found on google. I'll switch over to tap a talk so I can post a pic from my iPad.

It's sexy.

Anyone here have a 'black blue' 170"

Last edited:

BBlessing

61k happy miles
my '08 is "carbon black metalic" and has a blueish hue to it. very pretty in the sun. not sure if "blue black" is an official mb color.

bb

HMR TYM

Sorry, I meant black blue, edited it later. But is this a true depiction of 'black blue'? If it is, I think this may be my color. This is the look I'm after, albeit mine will be a 3500 but with shinny Alcoa wheels, it may be a winner. This indecisiveness is too much.

Attachments

HMR TYM

When I read the listing on this van it says "carbon black metalic". :thinking: :rolleyes: 1 step forward 1 step back

bb - show me yours

Graphite Dave

Dave Orton
Mine is graphite grey. If I had it to do again I would spend the extra money for the graphite grey metallic. The graphite grey is battleship grey. It does not look like the color in the Mercedes sales brochure or on the Mercedes web site. They both look like it has a bit of blue in it. It is interesting that some days I like it and other days I do not. It is definitely better than white although not as practical. I think selecting a color other than white may help on the rusting issue. I have had no rust and van is always outside. Note the look of the 265 tires in place of the stock 245's. Looks much better to me with the larger tires.

Attachments

Last edited:

HMR TYM

Sorry, I meant black blue, edited it later. But is this a true depiction of 'black blue'? If it is, I think this may be my color. This is the look I'm after, albeit mine will be a 3500 but with shinny Alcoa wheels, it may be a winner. This indecisiveness is too much.
Someone please tell me what this color is, for real. I've read carbon black and then I read black blue on the same listing.

WPJ

Mine is graphite grey. If I had it to do again I would spend the extra money for the graphite grey metallic. The graphite grey is battleship grey...... Note the look of the 265 tires in place of the stock 245's. Looks much better to me with the larger tires.
Dave I have seen the graphite grey up close as well and I would also agreed its more battleship grey.

Your tires look like try at about to explode off for the rims but I must say damn nice. I may go that way after my factory kuhmo's are done

I ordered te graphit grey matalic, it was between that and carbon black matalic. I really wanted some of the Matt finished pints but no luck non getting an answer on it.

WPJ

When I was looking at new vans I started collecting photos of colors here:

https://sprinter-source.com/wiki/index.php/NCV3_Colors

Feel free to add more!

Cheers,
Mike.
Mike thans. The issue with some if npnit most of the pictures is that they are not colour corrected. Take a look at the last two the Silver grey looks completely different in t to angles because the shoots were on auto and didn't have any white balance I colour correction done to them.

Also in the colour chart he graphit grey is nothing like that in person.

Will

Graphite Dave

Dave Orton
WPJ: The Sprinter rims are 6 1/2" wide. Tire should have 7" to 8" rim width. Could not find any wider rims so put them on the stock rims. Michelin did said no.

WPJ

Dave they look good but also look like there ready to pop.

I just had a long talk with my sprinter sales and he convinced me to just get the 16" alloy from the factory and thn some steels for winter tires afterword.

HMR TYM

Are you planning to use it as a camper? In sunny weather, with solar?
Some camping, yes. Mostly touring from one hotel to another. Hot weather cold weather rain snow. No matter.

But eventually, it will be stripped of its interior comfort, fitted with steel bins and put into the service fleet and live the rest of its life as a delivery van holding 3-5k lbs of product day in day out.

Then i will purchase another one and reuse some if this interior and upfit it a bit more to repeat this cycle again.

Top Bottom