Shifter Knob

SprinterUSA1

The shifter knob is removed by:

1. prying of the cover holding the leather sack to the dash.
2. lift up the sack over the shifter knob.
3. Unscrew the plastic nut and push the sack back down.
4. Pull the shifter knob of the metal shaft.

I ended up destroying the factory knob since I needed the plastic insert to mount the new knob. The new knob was not Mercedes or Sprinter specific!
Some shaving/cutting and grinding and the new knob was ready to be installed.
Installation in reversed order.

My source for the knob: http://stores.ebay.com/weisse-tunin...W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ14684707QQftidZ2QQtZkm

SprinterUSA1

P.S. Excuse the mess/dust in the van. Needs some cleaning. Just so cold here right now.

Attachments

Last edited:
We have front floor mats for the Sprinter in stock.

We only show the '02-'06 mat (1 pc mat covers both sides) on the website but we do have the 2007 available (2 pc mat right/left).

Both are rubber backed ribbed carpet to hold dirt and water and say "Sprinter" on the sides as you step in.

Give us a call and we can ship it right out, 800-944-5510.

www.sprinterpartsdepot.com

On another note, all Sprinter parts imported from Germany (Grille kits, hub caps, badges, etc.) will be going up in price at the first of the year. Mercedes usually passes along a price increase in January and the weak US dollar compared to the Euro as well as rising fuel costs all make this necessary. We'll still get the parts in but the price will be higher, so if you need parts order them now.

SprinterUSA1

Great. thanks.
On another subject...Does anyone sell Sprinter specific floormats?

I got mine through the dealer. Even though I ordered them with the van I did not get anything out of them until I talked to parts directly. They are great there. Had everything within a week.
:thinking::thinking::thinking:

SprinterUSA1

sprinterusa

All Sprinter parts imported from Germany (Grille kits, hub caps, badges, etc.) will be same in price at the first of the year, no increase.Just we make less profit.
I will add badge over the license plate for $10.00USD
View attachment 5097
and 318CDI, 418CDI or 518CDI for 10.00 extra replacing the CRD
badge on the right rear door.
THX:Rudi

www.sprintergrille.com

Ebay ID: sprinterusa

Last edited:

SprinterUSA1

Another benefit of having the new knob aside from looks which of course is a matter of ones taste. The knob is so heavy that now it seems shifting is done with less effort since now it is top heavy. I probably tripled or quadrupled the weight compared to the factory molded knob. :bounce::bounce:

SprinterUSA1

sprinterusa

Factory Mercedes-Benz Shift Handle features Mercedes star logo for your T1N

View attachment 10646

To buy Factory Mercedes-Benz Shift Handle(T1N only) you can go to
your local Mercedes-Benz dealer.
Part# A 163 267 0210 9045 List for 82.00, shop cost $43.00 USD
Mercedes club member's price $56.00

View attachment 10647

www.sprintergrille.com

===================================

On another note, all Sprinter parts imported from Germany (Grille kits, hub caps, badges, etc.) will be going down in price for all importers.(Cost less)
The very strong US dollar compared to the Euro ($1.28 USD) and British Pound ($1.48 USD) as well as low fuel costs ($48.00 Crude Oil ) all make it happen.

View attachment 10649
Same boxes you can see at any Mercedes-Benz parts department in the back.

View attachment 10650 Box with Valances

View attachment 10651

Direct from Germany Imports

=============================

========================================

Last edited:

Top Bottom