New wheel style on 3500

the_oracle

Hi Folks,

I am in London and noticed that the 519's here and what you call the 3500 has a new wheel style recently, I have noticed it on a few sprinter airport vans and the ambulances here, I wonder if the thickness of the wheel has changed, as the previous wheel design did tend to buckle easy, pictures below and let me know what you think?

Attachments

mean_in_green

>2,000,000m in MB vans
I think I see what you mean, those are circles all round in the wheel design as opposed to the circle / slot / circle design?

Stranger still: my SuSi wheels dating from 2010 are circles all round like the newer ones you've posted.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
ambo.JPG
The above attached photo is not from a my year 2011 as it predates back to 2007 there are slight differences over the progressing, years of production, nerveless it's the older rim.
cars 059 (Custom).JPG
Current differences with the slot is for airflow to assist braking on the H/D ambo truck chassis units.
Sorry never took a shot of the rear wheels never thought of it .
First photo may be older inventory stock units waiting for conversion,as they don't sell that quick as to Ambulance specification's.
Richard

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Lets look at another angle the rims are rated by weight KG marked. now the Brabus has a v8 big boy.
4x4 4x6 both rims are on the option list.
to5.jpgto2.jpg The last twp photos are off the full pro 5 tonners
I believe the differences lay between the 4.6 4.9 T units and the fully certificated five tonne units.
Richard

Attachments

Top Bottom