nylon fuel line clips....

thunderider

has anyone got a pic of how these clips should be,as yeasterday my my van cut out,edc light was on,look it was dumping diesel.turned out to be loose hose on the fuel pump,looked at 3 clips they were pushed up so the little feet were poking out,on 2 lines and fuel filter so i pulled them all back so the u bit was visible but they all seem tight...this correct?

beachbum57

2003 LTV Free Spirit
I had the same thing happen yesterday. Since I'm not a mechanic, I had to have it towed to one (Good Sam sent me to a truck diesel mechanic who really didn't want to work on it). He found a fuel line disconnected beneath the intake manifold where there is a fuel sensor. He said that he pushed the clip until it clicked but not in all of the way. Is this correct?

After getting it home, and reading this forum about the white clips, I began looking at mine. The one on the fuel filter is broken on one side but not leaking yet. All of the clips had the feet sticking out somewhat, not all of the way, but past where I have seen some pictures here. The connections are not leaking, but I am concerned about it now as I know that they can get brittle and break. Should I have all of them replaced? Or do I have to get new fuel lines? (The dealer would love that!) It appears that Mopar sells the clips.

I know that I shouldn't worry about something until it happens but I usually have my elderly parents with me and don't want to break down somewhere if I can help it

Thanks for your opinion in advance!

Top Bottom