T1N Glovebox useful?

israndy

2007 LTV Serenity
Why did the Sprinter come with a glovebox that is actually a trashcan? You can never find what you are looking for and it takes the entire cab to unload the glovebox so who is really gonna do anything but put stuff in there they never want to see again. It's a trashcan.

I purchased a AAA battery charger for my iPhones and the box perfectly fit the bottom of the glovebox, so I am able to see everything that is in the glovebox because nothing is down deep in that second layer other than the empty charger box.

What do others keep in their glovebox?

-Randy

What do others keep in their glovebox?

-Randy
In order of loading because it matters:

Operator Manuals
Re-purposed Shave Kit Bag (Deck of cards, keys, tire pressure gauge, etc.)
Power Multiplier
TomTom in protection koozie (shown halfway out in pic)
TomTom charger
TomTom bracket
Key ring
Clipped spare napkins

You're right in that until I added the kit bag as a filler the glove box was a deep pit. It all goes in very neatly now when I stow the contents. Not so much when my wife or others get involved. :bash: vic

Glove Box Stuff.jpg

Last edited:

autostaretx

Erratic Member
This is why the NAFTA Sprinters came with that looks-like-a-wastebasket affixed to the passenger seat.
Empty glove box into "wastebasket" until desired object exhumed.
Empty "wastebasket" back into glove box
Note how this avoids spreading the glovebox contents as an even layer throughout the cab.

--dick (who then removed the "wastebasket" to make room for a 4-drawer filing cabinet)(DAD in bottom drawer)

jmoller99

Own a DAD ODB2 Unit.
There are no well designed glove compartments in any vehicles - I suspect that they are all designed after everything on the dashboard had been designed (Look at the original Chevy Vega, they forget to put in a glove compartment until the 2nd year of production).

glasseye

Empty glove box into "wastebasket" until desired object exhumed.
Empty "wastebasket" back into glove box
Heh.:rolleyes:

That stoopid waste basket was one of the first things I yanked when I got Frito home. My glove box contains my insurance docs. That's it. :idunno:

I should take a page from Vic's book :professor: and compartmentalize the storage in there with some bags. That way I could use the space. Even ziplocs would allow some storage flexibility.

hulagun

Haulin' A** since 1974
Randy,
neat product. Think there is still enough room to stash my RAM phone holder? :hmmm: I don't like to leave anything tempting to steal out in plain sight.

One possible disadvantage to an organizer like this is that thieves may take the whole thing vs pawing through and only taking coins or items they think they can sell, leaving paperwork, wheel lock keys, etc behind. :yell:

Kinda creepy there Nigel with the big van and all! :shifty:

1) Gloves :bash: (For when I find the ladies)

2) Binoculars (To help look for the ladies)

3) Coins (for parking while using binoculars for the ladies)

4) Map (as location record for the ladies)

Thats about it!
Sorry, I just couldn't resist. :rolleyes: I trust you have a sense of humour. :hugs::cheers: vic

Yay! Inspired by the idea of a bag I found that the Rubbermaid Glove Box Organizer fits perfectly in the box:

http://www.remingtonind.com/products/organization/rubbermaid-mobile/55

All that crap is now in pockets that I can go thru by removing the organizer and put it back in and it completely (~) fills the glove box. Very nice...

-Randy
Looks good. I see a "While You Were Out" pad sticking out in the advert pic. Maybe Hulagun is right and Rubbermaid includes that for the thieves to leave a thank you note. :dripsarcasm::dripsarcasm: vic

israndy

2007 LTV Serenity
Randy,
neat product. Think there is still enough room to stash my RAM phone holder?
If the phone you use is an iPhone I love the Apple Dock, I run the audio cable thru the vent above the radio into the Aux input, and power around the radio and into the lighter adapter. Then when I get to the car I just drop the iPhone in and away I drive. I can even photograph the death and distruction ahead of me w/o taking the phone off the dock. When I get to my destination I just grab the phone and my podcast pauses where I am, ready for the next time I am listening to it.

I do use a RAM mount for my motorcycle for the iPhone, don't wanna drop that at 70 MPH...

-Randy

david_42

Mostly manuals and a few light bulbs. There are so many pockets and pouches in the van, that anything I might need is within reach without stopping the van and stepping over to the passenger's side.

Top Bottom