Half a million

Ciprian

Spark Plugs not allowed!
Recently I just passed the half a million mark on my T1N. What can I say? Hope for another half?

IMAG0771.jpg

IMAG0776.jpg

Look at the time it happened. Exactly at midnight. If I wanted it to happen then, I couldn't have planned it like that. Interesting.

david_42

I'm looking forward to doing the same, but at my current driving rate it will be 2052 before I hit it. Just in time for my 100th birthday!

geoffs

2003 T1N 316CDI LWB
What sort of repairs/maintenance have you done in the time you've owned it?
I've still about 700,000 kms to go before I hit that milestone but it's nice to be prepared.

Last edited:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
I've still about 700,000 kms to go before I hit that milestone but it's nice to be prepared.
Geoff: You'll be, being spoon feed by a pretty nurse, before that happens.
Richard

talkinghorse43

Good one Max.

And if my memory is correct I believe that Ciprian has been running 15w-40 MB228.3 conventional oil in his engine right along. :popcorn: vic
But, MB has always recommended 228.3 for the OM612s & 647s, so no big surprise. Only recently have they backed off 15w40 due to concerns about biodiesel oil contamination effects.

Ciprian

Spark Plugs not allowed!
Here are the repairs that I have done, from my memory. I keep a detailed list with all I have done to it, but it's not here.

Repairs:
1 turbo resonator replaced under warranty.
1 EGR valve at around 165k I think.
2 Auxiliary water pumps, forget the mileage.
3 glow plugs and a glow plug relay

Repairs that can be classified as 'normal':
1 water pump (i changed 3 pumps actually, because 2 went bad shortly after installing them, finally bought one from the dealer and I have more miles on it than on the original one.)
1 alternator
2 batteries
3 sets of tires
1 set of shocks
1 set of brakes, front brakes at around 300k I think, and rear at 450k)

Maintenance:
Oil changes every 13-15k with good ol' 15w40 228.3 dino oil since the second oil change - recently 228.31 since I cant find 228.3 any more.
Transmission fluid and filter, air filter and fuel filter every 60k.
Rear end oil every 100k.
Atifreeze every 150k with Zerex G05.
2 belt tensioners (the second one left me stranded - only time I have been stranded, the bearing locked up.
2 sets of idler pulleys
3 belts
tons of headlight bulbs

Right now I have a rear wheel axle seal that is leaking a little that needs to be fixed next time I am in DR. A's neighborhood. Also, the auxiliary coolant heater doesn't work right, never had, but don't really need it, so probably will never get fixed.

Other than this, only diesel, and lots of it. No additives ever, but I run biodiesel as often as I can find it.

Top Bottom