A/C intermittently not working

Rick Schaumann

Front ac intermittently does not work; I drive the van four blocks and restart the motor and then it will work. what is this?
2006, 2500 sprinter, ac had a leak in the condensing coil I fixed the leak, vacuumed the system recharged the unit to the proper level. It cools nice but the compressor will not start if the van has been siting in the sun for several hours. The high pressure switch will start the electric fan in the front at 300 PSI on the high side. There must be a thermal switch some where causing the compressor to not start? Or can some one tell me where to get a manual for this?

Goofy foot

sliding left...
Rick, i have exact same problem. AC works on first start of day. Then not again unless it fully cools down.
Tommy

Kidnapvan

My 2007 was doing the same found the ground stap from the engine to the frame corroded under the frame mounting lug fixed that and ac blows cold all the time

TDfanman

My 2005 has intermittent AC failure. Most often if I make a real short trip, like stop at the mail box a block from my house. On the 2nd start the AC clutch won't engage. About 4 restarts and it will come back. This seems to be a common symptom with the AC control module. I am going to send mine off to be repaired now that it is cool enough to live without AC for a bit.

Another symptom I had was the heat being stuck on. Makes me hesitant to use the heater.

Top Bottom