Side Panel Windows that Open?

sashanellie

Hi everyone,

We are planning to buy a new Sprinter Passenger Van but we would like to have side windows that open. Does anyone know of any companies that can handle this? Do you know if we have to purchase the van through the company or if there is a special way to order the van from our dealer before installing the windows?
Has anyone else ever done this?

Thanks so much,
Sasha

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Welcome Sasha!

Which Sprinter model year are you talking about? The 2006 and before (T1N) or the new 2007+ (NCV3).

There are a few for the T1N's, but I don't think it's possible for the NCV3's.

sikwan

06 Tin Can
The only option that I've heard/read are the vented windows near the back of the van. I didn't see it for the 2008 options though.

Most of the aftermarket windows that I know of that slide or flip open are for the T1N's. There was an OEM sliding window for the T1N's if you can live without the dark factory tint.

Maybe someone else can chime in. I probably missed it for the NCV3's.

Your other option might be to order a cargo version and add windows to your liking. It may not look factory though. :idunno:

mean_in_green

>2,000,000m in MB vans
I believe the factory offer opening windows in the sliding side door panels for the NCV3.

i.e. one or both sides possible, regardless of which side has the side door.

The rear panel windows can be openers from the factory too.

Simon

sashanellie

Really!? I can't find that info anywhere! Thank you, though, for the information. I guess we'll try to contact the company directly...

Sasha

I believe the factory offer opening windows in the sliding side door panels for the NCV3.

i.e. one or both sides possible, regardless of which side has the side door.

The rear panel windows can be openers from the factory too.

Simon
dodge.com has ability to build 2008 sprinter van.

no rear opening windows, vented or otherwise available

gerry:thumbup:

robertmorehead

I have window options available for all sprinters from all manufacturers. some pics of two manufacturers for 6cyl and one manufacture for 5cyl can be seen on my site www.moreheaddesignlab.com

Would be happy to install or ship. 6cyl is not DIY recommended.

I belive the factory look opening glass would fit the passenger cut out for a replacement. Noone will know till it is tried. Do you want to be the first. I'll try to double check with the manufactures of the OEM look opening windows.

Last edited:

hkpierce

'02 140 Hi BlueBlk Pass
Take a look at RB Components sprinter Installs. We have done a variety of work on sprinters and a variety of vehicles. Give us a call for your installation and product needs.

I did not see anything related to windows on the RB Components linked page. Either a bad link or someone simply plastering an add for his company in threads regardless of topic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom