Transmission 2006 dodge 122,000

AWME Inc

I have read a lot about transmission problems, sounds and so on on this site but I dont recall the conditions mine is having right now.
When driving 1st thing after a long sitting period the tranny seems to shift fine.
After a long drive or several short back to back drives it seems as though the tranny is straing to shift to the next gear.
It still has plenty of power right up until it starts to strain to shift.
My fuel milage has been very consistant at 22 mpg over 4 or 5 tanks since i have owned it.
According to my dealer (not MB or Dodge) and the carfax report the tranny fluid was flushed just before i bought it AND AT 86,000 also

I do plan on doing Dr A Kit to stop the rumble strip noise.

Where should I start?

Last edited:

...According to my dealer (not MB or Dodge) ...
The proper MB spec fluid is not common to parts shelves in the USA so they may have used the wrong transmission fluid.

I do plan on doing Dr A Kit to stop the rumble strip noise.

Where should I start?
Before doing anything else I recommend draining the pan/TC, new filter, doing the DARF, changing out the transmission electrical connector, and refilling with proper spec MB fluid. Best price seems to be Ryder Fleet Products Shell 134. A search from the blue bar above will get you all the info you need.

My guess is that your problems may then go away. Good luck. vic

AWME Inc

The proper MB spec fluid is not common to parts shelves in the USA so they may have used the wrong transmission fluid.

Before doing anything else I recommend draining the pan/TC, new filter, doing the DARF, changing out the transmission electrical connector, and refilling with proper spec MB fluid. Best price seems to be Ryder Fleet Products Shell 134. A search from the blue bar above will get you all the info you need.

My guess is that your problems may then go away. Good luck. vic
I will do just what you stated above. I will order DARF tonight and find the fluid, filter and electrical connector and post back here with the results:thumbup:

cahaak

If it is a situation with the fluid, you may find that the change and correct fluid will do the fix and you will not need to embark on the DARF mod. So, I guess what I am saying is do the fluid first and see if it fixes it and if you still have the issue you can do the mod later - just drain the pan and add the fluis back.

Chris

If it is a situation with the fluid, you may find that the change and correct fluid will do the fix and you will not need to embark on the DARF mod. So, I guess what I am saying is do the fluid first and see if it fixes it and if you still have the issue you can do the mod later - just drain the pan and add the fluis back.

Chris
Chris,
I can't disagree, but he mentioned the DARF fix so I included it. Besides, the DARF modification makes the transmission so much smoother. vic

cahaak

I'm with you Vic. In my van when I got it the tranny had a trremendous howl at certain speeds when driving and some RSN. First transmission fluid change (full change) made a huge difference and now after the second one I relly never notice the transmission at all now. Kind of amazing how just the new fluid makes such a difference.

Chris

Kid347

I am in the west palm beach area, if you would like I can hook up my DRB and see if you have any codes.

Transmission "strains to shift"? Does it sound like the engine can't build up speed. Does the tranmission slip causing the engine to speed up but the vehicle doesn't accel with the engine speed? Does it shift hard, shaking the vehicle like a single bang. Does it Vibrate, like rolling over the rumble strips on the side of the road? NEED INFO.

Top Bottom