PDA

View Full Version : 2007 and up service manual

burns556
07-25-2012, 01:32 PM
hi was wondering if anyone had a 2007 and up service manual with powertrain troubleshooting in pdf format thanx

jdcaples
07-25-2012, 01:36 PM
hi was wondering if anyone had a 2007 and up service manual with powertrain troubleshooting in pdf format thanx

The service manual was provided on CD as a web application. Each page is encumbered with Active-X and no one's taken the time to convert the (close to 20,000) xml pages of content since it can only be read with a browser or cut-n-pasted into a word doc for eventual conversion to PDF.

-Jon

burns556
07-25-2012, 04:08 PM
thanks guess im stuck trying to get a cd on ebay for 50.00 bucks then.thanks for the reply

jdcaples
07-25-2012, 04:12 PM
thanks guess im stuck trying to get a cd on ebay for 50.00 bucks then.thanks for the reply

Is this a one-time thing or do you need the reference for future use too?

wmlog
05-30-2013, 05:47 PM
I have a CD - DaimlerChrysler Corporation Dodge 2006 VA (2006 & Earlier) Sprinter Service Manual 81-370-06070CD with material applicable to all VA Sprinters. The Service Manual has 1458 pages, including wiring diagrams, the body section has 312 pages, the chassis section has 94 pages, the powertrain section has 292 pages, and the transmission section has 144 pages. I have collected a number of other VA applicable documents, also, and can provide them on a CD. Using the Service Manual is like looking up material in a hard copy shop manual - all pages can be readily printed out in a .pdf format.

I have another CD - Dodge Techauthority Publication 2007 VB (2007 & Later) Sprinter Service Manual 81-370-07070CD with material applicable to all (2007 & later) VB Sprinters. This Service Manual is the same data that the Sprinter Technician refers to on his computer at the repair shop. I have collected a number of other VB applicable documents, also, and can provide them on a CD. All pages of the service manual or the wiring diagrams can be readily printed out.

Please PM me to discuss the availability of this material at a very reasonable cost.

:thumbup:

dprice667
06-05-2013, 06:03 PM
The service manual was provided on CD as a web application. Each page is encumbered with Active-X and no one's taken the time to convert the (close to 20,000) xml pages of content since it can only be read with a browser or cut-n-pasted into a word doc for eventual conversion to PDF.

Does anyone still have this? I deal with formatting XML-based technical documentation and help systems for a living; if somebody's got a copy of the CD I'm thinking I could probably get it into a set of reference PDFs with a little bit of work as long as their XML isn't too terrible.

-dp-

Compstall
06-11-2013, 08:55 AM
Maybe there's a nice guy out there who paid the $300 dealer cost for the disk who will share the entire CD for free..

icarus
06-11-2013, 02:47 PM
The CD only runs on Windows XP if I remember correctly. (I don't use mine ever!). I had to get a tossed out lap top from a friends discard pile, do a fresh install of XP to run it. (works good) So now I have a obsolete lap top, with only this application on it. Sort of a pain!

Icarus

Compstall
06-12-2013, 08:38 AM
The CD only runs on Windows XP if I remember correctly. (I don't use mine ever!). I had to get a tossed out lap top from a friends discard pile, do a fresh install of XP to run it. (works good) So now I have a obsolete lap top, with only this application on it. Sort of a pain!

Icarus

I figured out how to run it on Windows 8. When the internet page opens, press F12 and run in IE9. IE10 doesn't work. Does yours hang on you between pages with the older laptop? I'm wondering if it's a Windows 8 problem, but whenever I click on a new page in the program I have to wait up to a minute for it to load. Can be very frustrating.

wmlog
07-29-2013, 04:45 PM
Maybe there's a nice guy out there who paid the $300 dealer cost for the disk who will share the entire CD for free..

... see me earlier post ...

The CDs run great in Windows (at least in Windows XP and Windows 7) and you can print out any pages you want for reference ...

AFM24
11-03-2013, 06:49 PM
Older thread, but here's a link to later manuals:
http://www.ourexcellentadventures.com/sprinter-resources/

bossman
01-08-2014, 01:54 AM
i could use the 2007 to present CD but i dont know how to PM you

wmlog
01-19-2014, 10:31 PM
I could not get the CD for the VB Sprinters to work in Internet Explorer 11 (it drove me nuts for some time), but it works great in IE10. These CDs are still available.

PM me if interested to discuss the availability of this material at a very reasonable cost.

jdcaples
01-24-2014, 05:44 PM
IE 10 allowed the user to specify viewing all web content in compatibility mode. Microsoft seems to have taken that away in IE11

To make matters worse, IE 11 doesn't allow you to specify local files for compatibility view. For whatever reason, it only accepts strings that start with http.

I worked around it by tossing up a linux webservice, populating the DocumentRoot with the Sprinter Service Manual document tree

If you can run a webservice like apache or IIS on your windows machine, that would probably work around the issue. I don't know. I can set up a CentOS webservice in about the same amount of time it would take me to download a webserver for my Windows laptop.

-Jon

flman
01-24-2014, 08:19 PM
CD can be found on Ebay.

Welcome back Jon! :rad:

jdcaples
01-24-2014, 09:06 PM
I'm not going to try the CD with IE11. I'm not sure where mine is at the moment and I have a working solution.

I do know that IE 11 will not take file://some/path/here/default.htm as a website to view "in compatibility mode." So I bet the CD is incompatible with IE 11.

In the grand scheme of things, needing to point IE 11 at a FILE URL like is a corner case. How many Windows systems need to add a uri of type FILE to the compatibility mode website list?

The number probably equals the number of people trying to use a seven year old CD on a modern computer.

The service manual should never have been a web-app. It should have been a stand-alone CD with no Microsoft browser + Active-X pre-requisite/minimum system requirement. It's just short sighted; the product of a bunch of amateurs working for Chrysler Publications trying to make a durable web application..... or worse, just a cog in the machine of conspiracy we call "planned obsolescence. "

-Jon

autostaretx
01-24-2014, 10:24 PM
If you can run a webservice like apache or IIS on your windows machine, that would probably work around the issue.
A quick and easy way to set up a web server on your own little Windows 7 Home box is to download and install WAMP
(Windows, Apache, MySQL, PHP) from http://www.wampserver.com/en/

Free, very "lightweight", only runs when you want it to. No need to cut holes in your firewall, etc.etc.
(fantastic for esoteric web development, too)

--dick
p.s. welcome back to the living, Jon :thumbup:

jdcaples
01-25-2014, 12:18 PM
<snip>

--dick
p.s. welcome back to the living, Jon :thumbup:

BTW, for those joined after I took a break, I didn't die.

I was just overly cranky. I'm much better now, I think.

-Jon

vixentd
02-17-2014, 05:32 AM
If anyone is interested in a version that will run on Windows 8 with the latest internet explorer you can pm me for further info.

flman
02-17-2014, 06:30 PM
I am using XP running inside of a Virtualbox on a PC running openSUSE. I will never have any problems with the CD or the OS, or the browser. Since I am not going to waste the resources to boot windoze.

I may consider making an .ISO image of my service manual if any one is interested.

vixentd
02-19-2014, 07:46 AM
I have just successfully uploaded my manual to my smart phone. I use and iphone, but it will also upload to a android phone. Was going to add it to my post but can not figure out how to edit my post.

wmlog
03-28-2014, 02:33 AM
I have a CD - DaimlerChrysler Corporation Dodge 2006 VA (2006 & Earlier) Sprinter Service Manual 81-370-06070CD with material applicable to all VA Sprinters. The Service Manual has 1458 pages, including wiring diagrams, the body section has 312 pages, the chassis section has 94 pages, the powertrain section has 292 pages, and the transmission section has 144 pages. I have collected a number of other VA applicable documents, also, and can provide them on a CD. Using the Service Manual is like looking up material in a hard copy shop manual - all pages can be readily printed out in a .pdf format.

I have another CD - Dodge Techauthority Publication 2007 VB (2007 & Later) Sprinter Service Manual 81-370-07070CD with material applicable to all (2007 & later) VB Sprinters. This Service Manual is the same data that the Sprinter Technician refers to on his computer at the repair shop. I have collected a number of other VB applicable documents, also, and can provide them on a CD. All pages of the service manual or the wiring diagrams can be readily printed out.

Please PM me to discuss the availability of this material at a very reasonable cost.

I had some problems with the Service Manual on the NCV3 (VB) Sprinters CD working (it drove my nuts for some time), but I discovered that my laptop had updated from Internet Explorer 10 to 11, causing a conflict. I backed off IE11 and went back to IE10 and the CD works just fine.

PM me if interested to discuss the availability of this material at a very reasonable cost.

vixentd
06-19-2014, 06:59 AM
I have spent days converting the 2007 and up service manual to a format that will work on any computer. It will work on any Windows or Macintosh computer as well as any phone, Android or Apple. I wanted to be able to have access to the manual any time when I was travelling etc. I have now installed it on my ipad. I do not want any shop working on my vehicle without the proper manual to follow.
I will be away for a few weeks so you many not get a response until the first week of July.

PM if you would like further info.

vixentd
12-14-2014, 04:26 AM
Will work on Windows 8 and 64bit computers.

flman
12-14-2014, 02:08 PM
Will work on Windows 8 and 64bit computers.

Any way for the rest of us to get a copy?

Mike454
01-30-2015, 06:49 PM
I too would like a copy of that cd
Do you have a way to send the file.
I guess what i mean is there a way to purchase it the get instant access to it.
Or will it run from the disc?

a van named fred
02-28-2015, 02:15 PM
Any chance I can get a copy of this. I'd love to have it on my iPad. Thanks.

vixentd
10-11-2015, 11:43 PM
The advantage of having it converted is to upload it to a small usb thumbdrive and keeping it on your keychain. That way any garage can work on your vehicle with the correct manual by just plugging in the USB thumbdrive.

flman
10-16-2015, 08:30 PM
The advantage of having it converted is to upload it to a small usb thumbdrive and keeping it on your keychain. That way any garage can work on your vehicle with the correct manual by just plugging in the USB thumbdrive.

And what do we need to do to purchase a copy of the converted file from you?

It would be nice to not have to start wincrap, wait for it to slowly load, have virus and malware attacks, wait for the virus blockers to start, get the stupid active X prompt, when I could you run it right of my Xubuntu partition on my Shop thinkpad.

PS, don't forget who uploaded the CD ISO here on another thread. :whistle:

VanLifeFreedom
11-07-2015, 12:11 AM
Can someone help me get the info for an oil cooler swap? Please PM or text me at 8058o17958 I'd like to buy a copy

flman
11-07-2015, 11:39 AM
Can someone help me get the info for an oil cooler swap? Please PM or text me at 8058o17958 I'd like to buy a copy

PM vixentd

He sells them for $50.

OTOH, if you have XP and IE you can use this.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19672761/Sprinter%202007.7z

thebitmaster
11-12-2015, 03:08 PM
For Mac users running OSX, this is an excellent, lightweight, free way to run the manual. The same steps can be used on any other OS that supports VirtualBox, which is nearly all of them. It won't be as automatic as with the OSX thing here, but you can use VB with the IE simulator to get the manual running.

http://osxdaily.com/2011/09/04/internet-explorer-for-mac-ie7-ie8-ie-9-free/

vixentd
12-16-2015, 06:37 AM
The reason I went the other way, was to be able to use the manual on the road. I keep it on my phone as well, and on a small usb thumbdrive on my keychain. Any problems I give my keys and with the manual to any shop and they can work on it. Going the other way works fine if you are only going to work on it at home on your computer.

Also if you have an ipad or notepad you can run it with the method I have. The program I have now is pdf based.

The actual manual is over 11,000 pages.

This manual does not run on a virtual machine. It will run on any mac, PC, tablet or phone.

If interested can also email direct
vixentd@gmail.com

Lizard 1
05-21-2017, 11:21 AM
Got mine from Vixentd and was smooth, fast and emailed me a link that allowed me to download quick. Worth every penny and honestly, cheaper than I think he could sell it for. Great having members that help out and are getting us what we need without gouging us.

vixentd
01-07-2018, 05:46 AM
Will also work on an Iphone or ipad.

vixentd
09-17-2018, 12:18 AM
can also email you with no shipping charge.