service jack for my sprinter?

Does anyone have a suggestion on a service jack for my sprinter? My current 3 ton jack won't lift it. I have a fully loaded 2007 single rear wheel extended high roof.

Thanks!

Barely. Cheap Chinese (sears craftsman) junk. I would like to be able to jack up the entire rear end at once too. And of course, like all greedy Americans, I don't want to spend a lot of money! :bounce:

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
Barely. Cheap Chinese (sears craftsman) junk. I would like to be able to jack up the entire rear end at once too. And of course, like all greedy Americans, I don't want to spend a lot of money! :bounce:
Oh... i thought you were referring to the one that's supplied with the van...

FYI... friends don't let friends by Harbour Freight.

sailquik

Russi49728,
Buy the Mercedes Benz 2 stage hydraulic service jack and a pair of 3 ton Jack stands.
I have no idea what the jack costs, but it is definitely the correct tool for the job.
The top saddle fits the jacking points (both front and rear) perfectly.
It collapses plenty to change a flat tire and will get the tires a few inches above the ground
(why anyone jacks a heavy van higher than what it takes to get the rim on the lugs or the
lugs screwed into the hub I have no clue.
Mounting studs for the 2500 Sprinters are nice, but if you only jack the van high enough so all the lug holes in the wheel line up with the tapped holes in the hubs.
These jacks are made for Mercedes by a company in Germany and are probably only available from MB dealers.
I just bought a pair (sold in pairs) of 3 ton jack stands for < $25.00.
They go right under the outer rear oxle tubes and provide enough height to get the rear tires a couple of inches off the ground.
I'll have some photos tomorrow!
Roger

Last edited:

... I would like to be able to jack up the entire rear end at once too.
The way a truck is supposed to be lifted. :thumbup:

And of course, like all greedy Americans, I don't want to spend a lot of money! :bounce:
2 words... well OK 1 hyphenated.

Hein-Werner

Even I stay away from Harbor Freight for floor jacks.

Check your local Craigslist for Hein-Werner floor jacks. Even most businesses can't wear the old ones out so used is worthwhile. One thing to watch out for is that the roller over the small pump piston has not seized. That little roller needs to be free or it puts stress on the piston and can cause problems. Other than that if all parts work and it doesn't leak you're good to go.

They still claim to be made in the U.S. of A.

http://www.shinnfuamerica.com/ProductCategory/Hein-Werner/6

Good luck. vic

Last edited:

Top Bottom