PDA

View Full Version : Warning Light on Hard Left Corners and Hills

PeteBlackerThe3rd
05-21-2012, 10:44 AM
Hi There,

I've been getting a warning light for about a month now. The van's running fine, I'd just like to know what's causing the light.

It's the red exclamation mark light. It flickers on for a few seconds then goes off when I start the van first thing in the morning. Then it will come on either when I'm going up a steep hill or taking a tight left hand corner. Both times it will flicker on, stay on then flicker off.

My first thought was the oil level, but I've just done an oil change and checked the level. The warning light is still coming on the same as before.

My van's a 1999 T1N, 4cyl 311 European model.

Does anyone know of any other reservoirs and sensors that could be G force sensitive like this.

Cheers for any thoughts.

Pete Blacker

talkinghorse43
05-21-2012, 03:09 PM
Don't know anything about your van, but it sounds like mine when the coolant level is a little low.

PeteBlackerThe3rd
05-30-2012, 11:15 AM
Cheers Talkinghorse,

I've had a check of a few things. The coolant was a little low, but still between the min and max markings. I've topped this up now, but with no change to the warning light.

I've also checked the oil level in the gearbox and that's up at the level of the oil filler plug where it should be. I'm about to check something I should probably have checked first but forgot about. Topping up the brake fluid reservoir!

If that doesn't fix it I'm out of ideas. I might start unplugging sensors randomly to see if I can track it down.

Any knowledge, hunches or guesses would be appreciated.

Pete

Aqua Puttana
05-30-2012, 01:08 PM
Perhaps one of the wheel speed sensors is misadjusted so just close enough? The turn may torque the assembly and cause things to shift just that little bit that signal is lost or short a rubbed through wire? I presume that a 1999 has wheels speed sensors. I'm not at all familiar with EURO models.

Here's some NAFTA model info. Be careful if you decide to adjust the spacing. The sensors sieze in with rust over time. A search from the blue bar should reveal Doktor A's advice on adjustment. FWIW. vic

Cheers Talkinghorse,

I've had a check of a few things. The coolant was a little low, but still between the min and max markings. I've topped this up now, but with no change to the warning light.

I've also checked the oil level in the gearbox and that's up at the level of the oil filler plug where it should be. I'm about to check something I should probably have checked first but forgot about. Topping up the brake fluid reservoir!

If that doesn't fix it I'm out of ideas. I might start unplugging sensors randomly to see if I can track it down.

Any knowledge, hunches or guesses would be appreciated.

Pete

johnshmit
06-01-2012, 03:04 PM
Parking brake lever?
Can we have a picture?