Type of Brake Pads/Rotors

I'm told that there may be more than one type of brake pads and rotors. Is there a way to find out? I did a search on here, but what I found didn't match what I saw on mine.

I just saw the Mercedes emblem on the brake calibers.

Anyone have a list by vin number that shows the right ones?

2005 2500 158" WB, 250,715 miles, (brakes and rotors have never been changed) :idunno:

Thanks

talkinghorse43

VIN alone won't do it. On my '02 I looked to see the type of caliper I had (Bosch), then went to the dealer with the VIN and the type to get the PN. Type will be cast into the caliper.

kkanuck

LUV my T1N
Let me know what you find out. I only have 31K miles and my brakes sound like they are grinding bad when hard braking. Yet no sensors are displaying any sign wear....

I will pull them next week and see how they look.

Where are you going to get yours from? are you turning the rotors or replacing?

Cheers,

Tibor

yellowmike

Hi all,
I'm new to the forum. i have a 2003 158' 2500 with 85000 miles. I have a friend in Dallas Texas that has 16 sprinters that he uses in his business and he said that the only real problem he has had with the brakes on his fleet is when the pivot pins on the calipers get dry and won't move. He said that the worst one is on the right front, this is the one that gets all the crap from the roads that wash off the right side,(in America) I pulled mine last week and sure enough they were very dry but no damage yet.. The pins allow the calipers to move back and forth and center on the rotor so make sure when you do a brake job that these are greased and free to move back and forth...:professor:

Let me know what you find out. I only have 31K miles and my brakes sound like they are grinding bad when hard braking. Yet no sensors are displaying any sign wear....

I will pull them next week and see how they look.

Where are you going to get yours from? are you turning the rotors or replacing?

Cheers,

Tibor
With over 250,000 miles, I will be replacing the rotors. I still have good amount on rear, and little less on front. I just need to find out what kind I have, No markings anywhere I can see.

stp57

You can pull up the website for Advanced Auto (or the other stores) & they will show you photos of the pads. The Bosch pads look totally different than the other pads.
Steve

I was frustrated by the amount of brake dust I was getting on my Ronals so decided to upgrade to ceramic pads. I found the Remsa Ultra Ceramic work extremely well. I have used them for over a year and can confirm that the brake dust issue is no more. I had the rotors turned and new sensors fitted at the same time. The old sensors would not fit.

Bob H.

The Fish Keeper

Hi Seek,

The OEM brake wear sensors did not fit the new Remsa pads, so the mechanic had to run to his supplier to get a different type. The new pads are great. Braking is the same as the OEM pads and there is no dust. :D If memory serves, they were about $300 for the set of 4 for my Bosch calipers.

Bob

The Fish Keeper

stp57

Hey Bob,
Have you experienced any glazing from using the ceramic pads? The guy at the auto parts told me that they have the tendency to do that?
Steve

Top Bottom