PDA

View Full Version : Help power loss 313 cdi

dinoakaliam
05-08-2012, 03:02 AM
Hi all I'm having power loss problems with my 2005 313 cdi I've looked through the forum and looked at lots of threads and told my mecanic after reading all the info and matching my power loss to the matching threads with the same problem that it was either the turbo resonator or the egr valve playing up ,Anyway he took it in for me and plugged it in with no faults coming up. (ive no lights on dash coming up either).
so when he brought it back he told me he had changed the turbo sensor as my van dosn't have either a resonator or a EGR he has told me if it dosn't solve the problem then i need a new turbo, Anyone have any ideas if it could be something other than a new turbo my power loss seem to happen when i'm loaded up or going up a steap hill it is also acuring more and more over the last few thousand miles, Thanks in advance for any help.:thumbup:

jmoller99
05-08-2012, 07:01 PM
It would be nice to see what the boost level is. Also to know if the MAF or the intake temp are causing issues. Leakey Turbo hoses don't always throw errors - A small crack in any of them could cause it. Cleaning the MAF is pretty easy too.

Does the problem reset itself if you stop/restart the engine? When does it happen (ie. what do you do to cause the power loss to be noticed).

Turbos are expensive, and many people replace them only to find that there was some other problem.

Dingo
05-08-2012, 11:09 PM
Look at cleaning the EGR valve , crud around the seat can hold the valve open . Also look at the arm on the turbo to the capsule fitted to the turbo , i have seen several that have seized or worn around the pin & hole . These are easy & CHEAP fixes . EGR old tooth brush & carb cleaner & linkage CERAMIC grease ( dear but way cheaper than a turbo ) . The ceramic grease is essential as you have cdi motor you must use it when replacing injectors , copper grease just does not make the grade for injectors . the grease is made by FEBI & very little goes a long long long way best of all it resists heat better than copper grease does

one pointer to a knackered EGR is puffs of black smoke when under load ( excess fuel to air ) as the egr opens & closes . continuous black smoke is a lack of boost from the turbo & the ECU thinks all is well

hoping it helps you

dinoakaliam
05-09-2012, 02:06 AM
Thanks for the info so far,
The problem started around 4 to 5 week ago bearing in mind i do around 2500 mile per week
it would on the odd ocasion go into a semi limp mode but i soon realized that turning it off then back on would resolve it, it has gradually got worse and I'm now at the stage were it is in limp mode almost all the time , soon as i put a load in or hit a bit of an incline , the van will hit 70+ mph down hill and around 65 on flat but up hills it stuggles up them with hgv's undertaking me the van wont rev over 3 1/2 thousand miles.
There is no black smoke at any stage of driving or reving of the van.

Any other ideas of what it could be as i'm going to print this out to give to my mecanic.
the van is booked back in for thursday.

dinoakaliam
05-19-2012, 03:40 PM
Just thought I'd update after messing with different sensors and checking pipes etc. put a recon turbo on and god I'd forgot how quick my van was , it now has 375,000 on clock and is like **** of a shovle again :rad::bounce:

Kariba
12-30-2012, 09:45 AM
Hi all, new to this forum, have a 2005 313cdi with power loss ( limp home mode ) had the van to the merc shop, came up with a fault P1470 charge presure control valve-cable has a fault. The machanic checked the cable from control valve to ECU an all ok.Was then told it is the ECU that needs to be replaced. After reading on the forum there seem to be many sprinters with the same problem, dinoakaliam seemed to fix his problem with a new turbo, can anyone help please. Thanks.

mean_in_green
01-02-2013, 02:09 PM
There are quite a few mentions on the forum where faults are claimed to be attributable to a faulty ECM / ECU. Only in a a few cases will this actually be a correct assessment and action. The rest of the time the true fault is not identified - as proven by its recurrence once the vehicle has left the workshop.

I'd get a second opinion.

416cdi
01-02-2013, 03:24 PM
A few years ago i had loss of power and when I put my foot down on the accelerator I could hear a strange new whirring noise under the bonnet.
Upon inspection found one of the air intake hoses had come loose somehow so i just re-connected and tightened it up and away I went, problem fixed.