Diff image: 2000 416

HMR TYM

Mean ... love your van. you are one of the few i've seen on the forum that has the 3500. i,being in the US, have the same dually but is that all our versions have in common? how is yours different than mine and are there different powertrains in the 3500 version and how would i find out what i have? VIN# ? I'm on my way right now to pick her up and lay eyes on her for the first time, i guess i will figure out a lot of my questions within a few hours

i hope you dont mind me asking you questions from time to time

mean_in_green

>2,000,000m in MB vans
...but is that all our versions have in common? how is yours different than mine and are there different powertrains in the 3500 version and how would i find out what i have?
Hi MHR TYM,

I should imagine there's a lot in common.

There are different engines. The Mercedes-Benz model designation format goes as follows: the first part is the weight rating, the second part is the engine.

So, a 313 is 3 tonnes and 130 horsepower.

A 518 is 5 tonnes and 180 horsepower.

And so on.

Yours looks a good one - upload some more pics when you can.

Simon

georgetg

2005 140" low roof
MHR TYM,

You have the same Sprinter van as Simon's

US 3500 = 416CDI

I think Simon has a stick though...
An his steering wheel is installed on the passenger side :smirk:

Cheers
George

HMR TYM

Hi MHR TYM,

I should imagine there's a lot in common.

There are different engines. The Mercedes-Benz model designation format goes as follows: the first part is the weight rating, the second part is the engine.

So, a 313 is 3 tonnes and 130 horsepower.

A 518 is 5 tonnes and 180 horsepower.

And so on.

Yours looks a good one - upload some more pics when you can.

Simon
Well i picked her up and man is it really nice. The guy took great care and it really shows. i want her to last at least close to the life of yours. i'll read through the forum looking for service tips and when to have her serviced, i'll have the tranny fluid changed at 60K and keep using Mobil 1 every 8k and as far as that its all i know for now. the vin is WD2PD544045654176 - what does this mean to me?

i'll take some pictures over the weekend and post. the only thing that annoys me is a squeeky back door so i'll see if i can tighten that up its an empty shell so the squeek echos along

thanks for your info.

Top Bottom