Dynanomet Test (off/on)

HappyFamilyVan

Captain Ahab
I have the highline dash with steering wheel controls. I looking around all the menus when I did the reset and and found this one. Dynanomet Test (off/on). I also found a battery meter, a fuel tank level in ohms...I have no idea what ohms is....and severla other things. But for now...does anyone know what the "Dynanomet Test" does...and should I switch to on?

Thanks,

Happy

Ro3bert

I have... a fuel tank level in ohms...I have no idea what ohms is....Thanks,

Happy
:professor: Ohms is a unit of electrical resistance. I have no idea which way the level is read but assume the higher the Ohms reading the more fuel in the tank. The problem is that without knowing how high the reading should be when the tank if full and how low when empty there is no way to tell the amount of fuel in the tank.

Normally the resistor in the tank that measures the fuel level (via a float) is connected (by wire) to some sort of display device (fuel level gauge) sometimes an analog gauge (as in older cars) and sometimes a bar display as in my 2011 2500.

Hope this clears the Ohms thing up :thumbup:. As for the rest I cannot say.

Robert

HappyFamilyVan

Captain Ahab
I still do not know what this mode is...but I have found out one thing. While in this mode...speed limiter is disable....Moby was doing over 90....NOTE: Only did this on a long streach of flat empty toll way...while in this mode...ESP/ABS are also disabled...DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME! My test was conducted by a trained idiot...me :lol:

autostaretx

Erratic Member
I would guess that the Dyno setting (as you saw) bypasses all of the wheel-speed safety systems.
So the Sprinter wont get upset if the rear end is doing 60 mph with the front wheels sitting still.

--dick

Sprinter SS

I just found this screen as well when doing my maintenance reset. I had 4 messages in the message screen after turning this feature on, then I turned it off and the messages went away after a couple miles driving.

Sure is nice to be able to reset your mileage maintenance reminder!

sailquik

Thanks guys,
You just provided the answer to something that has been nagging me for quite a while.
Several of the folks who have had aftermarket "tune/remaps" done on their Sprinters have
given us dynomometer data to demonstrate how much differently their Sprinters work after the tune vs the OEM ECM mapping.
I always wondered how they could put a Sprinter on a dynamometer, strap the front wheels down to prevent the van from moving off the chassis dyno rollers, and get through a dyno run without the ESP traction control throwing some codes.
So it IS possible to get above the auto reset 15-25 mph (SP OFF to run the rear wheels independent of the front.
Thanks!
Roger

Top Bottom