what s the best rear cycle rack solution?

GetoffMyLand

Hi there, I am thinkin about getting a towbar and rear towhitch mounted rack for my sprinter conversion but I wonder - does anyone know if there is a rear door mounted bike rack that will work???

This may be a silly question but is it possible to hang a rack and 50kg of bikes off the rear door stop mounts or will it all just fold?

d_bertko

I remember seeing a pretty slick European bike rack that hung a bike vertically. I believe you could fit one to each rear door and they played well together. I could not find it just now on the web but pretty sure it was generic to many brands of euro tall vans.

I do not recall seeing two-bike holders but could be wrong.

I use a Yakima 4-bike swing-away hitch rack. It is pretty bulletproof. Certainly so compared to the three-bike carrier we use on the Subie rear hatch. The expense and weight of a swing-away rack are offset by the lockability factor, too. Pretty dear but happy to have found a returned one for half-price.

A four-bike holder will generally hold any three bikes but for four bikes they might need to be closer in size or type.

Dan

Top Bottom