convert MB part number into Dodge number?

owner

Oz '03 316CDI LWB ex-Ambo Patient Transport
Is there some easy way to do this. I need the short fuel supply hose at the fuel filter, I also need the 2 hose clamps which have numbers too...

From MB EPC:
A9014761126 fuel hose,item65,group 47-040
A0059971990 hose clamp item 75
A0049970190 host clamp item 70.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
FuelFilter.pdf
There are variations on the Dodge fitments that are not Australian .
DSC01518(1)%20(Custom).JPG

DSC01501(1) (Custom).JPG

DSC00156 (Custom).JPG

DSC00158 (Custom).JPG

DSC01223 (Custom).JPG
every part number Location is on line: EPC WIS Data plus schematics.
line number; Location; Part number; Description, etc.
Most of the original OEM numbers are stamped on the actual parts. such as hoses and clamps of varying types.
Richard

owner

Thanks Richard, that is the hose and clips I need in that photo. It was hard to tell which parts it was at the dealership just off the styalised diagram in the EPC. They said it has to be ordered from Germany which takes 2 weeks and it was $50 just for that 2 inch piece of hose. It sux because its a different diameter at each end, otherwise I'd just use an off cut of generic fuel hose.

So im all ears for other sources, and thought the states might be a good option for the dodge equivalent.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
The filter is the same as ours as are the hose pieces, the sensor at the top ,the U.S is different.
50 bucks I could check out the price to see if you've been misquoted as I'm out in the country, down on Tobacco road.. at the Mo:smirk:
Benz is high on pricing, but it seems to high.
Euro parts I can get a better price I'm sure of it.
Quick flick onto EPC stock ex Singapore Logistics air freight 3 days not including holidays Vito are in stock not sure if they are the same.
Richard

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Is the hose you're looking for bent/formed with angles? If not...

In the States, fuel line is carried in bulk at retail automotive parts & supply stores.
Doesn't Dayco sell fuel line in suitable dimensions?

Dayco-Fuel-Line.JPG

Seems like all you need is to measure the inside diameter (the OD of the fitting should suffice) and find some suitable clamps for the outside diameter of the hose you need.

My Sprinter's clamps are 13mm and 15mm if I recall correctly. The ID of the fuel filter inlet is 9mm, I think... but like Richard says, Sprinters in the States are different.... I don't know a Dodge part would fit an Australian Sprinter.

-Jon

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Jon the nuts behind the wheel are the same.:smilewink: Alternative sourcing prevails Ssangyong Motors have the same parts with a different numbering sequence.VW Crafter.and including Hyundai....
Problem is I don't have access to an interchange manual, and bets are they don't exist into today's computerized world of information.Its the time factor..I'm worth more than 50 bucks an hour. Simply put I don't have the time to research who uses the same system that Benz is using.
Richard

owner

Benz is high on pricing, but it seems to high.
Euro parts I can get a better price I'm sure of it.
Quick flick onto EPC stock ex Singapore Logistics air freight 3 days not including holidays Vito are in stock not sure if they are the same.
Richard
Yeah $25 per inch is ridiculous. They said there were none in Singapore. I tried europartsonline.com.au but they cant get it. Running out of options here.

I have cobbled together a work around in the meantime by putting some heatshrink onto the nylon pipe from the tank to bring the (6mm?) ID at that end up to the 8mm? ID of the filter end, then just used a generic piece of fuel hose. No idea how long that's going to last!

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
As long as the Psi holds then leaks. carry spares if out of your local area.''It Happens"
25 dollars Absolutely hilarious;
Richard

owner

http://starparts.chrysler.com/home/MBChry.pdf
http://starparts.chrysler.com/home/ChryMB.pdf

These are "internal" Chrysler documents. They haven't been updated since Sept 26 2010.
Thanks Jon, now I'm at my computer I can search those docs and I now have the Dodge part numbers. They seem to be used on quite a few different Dodge vehicles apart from Sprinters.

Now I just need to find somewhere state-side that will ship at reasonable cost to Oz. That 2 inch $50 MB hose is only $13 over there (Dodge part 05119673AA, and the 2 clips 06104822AA and 05126025AA).

Last edited:

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Many of the Dodge (third party) parts suppliers use a database created by a yet another business (fourth party) called "Trade Motion."

Trade Motion cobbles together databases of parts for many, many manufacturers. Trade Motion sells the data & search technology to many online, third party parts suppliers. The database search feature is not sophisticated. It won't find "012345" but it will find "12345."

Parts hunters will want to drop the leading zero in parts numbers if the website used for shopping is "powered by Trade Motion." Search for "5119673AA" instead of "05119673AA."

-Jon

Attachments

Top Bottom