nag1 rsn fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

ben a

did anyone try the rsn fix darf i just tried it seams to work , would there be any long term damage to the nag1

did anyone try the rsn fix darf i just tried it seams to work
Not only does it seem to cure the RSN, but I like the way it makes the transmission operate smoother.

... would there be any long term damage to the nag1
My opinion...

My 2004 was one of the early test vehicles. I should have written down the mileage when I did the mod, I didn't. :bash: I'm quite certain it's been around or over 40,000 miles for me so far. Given Doktor A's track record and knowledge base I trust that he would not put out a modification which would damage your NAG1 transmission.

On the flip side of that, there have been some suggestions (not by Doktor A) that the RSN vibration may have something to do with harmonic balancer cracking and failure. If that is true (I'm not saying it is. There is no data.) then that is another reason to do the DARF modification. Have fun. vic

ben a

it will shift better but too much slip and it will over rev and there is some shudder from 1 to 2 no rsn i think this may not be the fix . remap is the key

Last edited:

sailquik

"but too much slip and it will over rev and there is some shudder from 1 to 2 no rsn"
And you know this how?
Where did you get the data to support this statement?
Quite a few NAG1's have had the DARF mod.
All the feedback (post DARF) I've seen has been very
positive.

"i think this may not be the fix . remap is the key"
The key to what?
Millions of miles on NAG1 transmissions, and all of a sudden
the people who remap the engine and trans (pretty much destroying the
EPA certifications on the vehicle) and removing EGR valves and
DPF filters know MORE than the engineers at Mercedes Benz who
designed and tested Sprinters and made the compromises required
to get them past all the EPA emissions requirements.

It's OK, it's your Sprinter..... you can do whatever you think is best.
But when it does not work out as advertised, please take responsibility
for your decision to modify the "system".
Roger

ben a

i used the darf kit and this is the new problem , just looking for help . the kit is on my 06 that i use daily i have shudder and rsn badly

Last edited:

ben a

i have 2 06 sprinters one 118 and 140 the 140 will be a 4x4 soon with a 5.9 but i like 118 and would like to fix the rsn with out killing it sailguik even MB will make some mistakes when the warranty runs out they don't care if they got i right. it will end up on a buy here payhere lot . the 118 has only 40000 on it MB needs to look at the nag1 better all the dodge cars jeeps have the same shudder and some rsn in the jeep 4x4 . i work in a dodge shop i see alot of things that don't work from the factory engineers .

Last edited:

expcourier

expeditious
The DARF is a reversible modification. If you don't like it or it doesn't end your shudder problems, you simply fill in the hole you drilled and you're back to original.

You will have to "reset adaptation values" after you reverse the DARF however.

Good Luck.

Last edited:

incognito

incognito
i have 2 06 sprinters one 118 and 140 the 140 will be a 4x4 soon with a 5.9 but i like 118 and would like to fix the rsn with out killing it sailguik even MB will make some mistakes when the warranty runs out they don't care if they got i right. it will end up on a buy here payhere lot . the 118 has only 40000 on it MB needs to look at the nag1 better all the dodge cars jeeps have the same shudder and some rsn in the jeep 4x4 . i work in a dodge shop i see alot of things that don't work from the factory engineers .
hy,
is you who will do the 4x4 swap for your 140? with the 5.9 from cummins? can you keep us informed about this : who do it, photos, etc
thank you
incognito

PubRider

How does this mod change the characteristics of the tranny?

I have about 2k on my van and I've encountered this 4-6 times.

Since its warmed up it hasn't happened a while.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom