Adding cruse controle

moto19

We are starting a conversion on a 2012 170 ext. Evidently when you order the suspension seats it deletes the cruise control and electric mirrors. Anyone know if the cruise can be added after the fact.

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
Is the van being ordered or do you already have possession?

If it's the former, you were misinformed or had an inexperienced salesperson, as you can get electric mirror and cruise with suspension seats.

mean_in_green

>2,000,000m in MB vans
Evidently when you order the suspension seats it deletes the cruise control and electric mirrors.
For reference that's certainly not true to say in Europe. You can even mix and match standard, comfort and suspension seats in the same vehicle if you want!

Unfortunately we already have the van i have an 08 with both
I'll poke my nose in here.

Did you order the van with special seats, electric mirrors, and cruise control? When it came in it didn't have the proper mirrors and cruise, or were you told by the salesman they couldn't be had together during the order process?

If you were told that during the pre-order the salesman doesn't know his product and is a jerk.

If the Sprinter came delivered and didn't have what you ordered, someone didn't spec your order properly, is lying to cover the mistake and is not only a jerk, but dishonest to boot.

I could live without electric mirrors. Cruise is more critical and worth fighting for. If you ordered this stuff and didn't get it I'd take the dealer to task and get what you ordered.

Sorry to butt in. vic

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
To answer the original question:

Here are the SprinterWIS instructions for retrofitting cruise control on a 2012 US/Canadian Sprinter.

If you read it, you'll see other documents need to be read before all "the information" is "at finger tips," but it's a starting place.

If your dealership is too lazy to look this up in their dealership computer, you need to fire your dealership or put them on a performance improvement plan.

-Jon

Attachments

Last edited:

moto19

To answer the original question:

Here are the SprinterWIS instructions for retrofitting cruise control on a 2012 US/Canadian Sprinter.

If you read it, you'll see other documents need to be read before all "the information" is "at finger tips," but it's a starting place.

If your dealership is too lazy to look this up in their dealership computer, you need to fire your dealership or put them on a performance improvement plan.

-Jon
Jon

Thanks for that info. I did not order the van my freind that I am doing the conversion for did but I'm sure not impresed with the dealership.

Top Bottom