2013 Sprinter - USA - WHEN....

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Its only a cosmetic facelift, as to all-wheel drive keep on dreaming it won't happen this time round.It's not a cheap option.
4x4s2.jpg
Best of luck Richard

mbgtown

the "Sprinter Guy"
We will be having our annual Sprinter Sales Mgr meeting at the factory in Ladson this May 14th, so hopefully I will have much more to report after I return to Central Texas.

One thing is for sure, the 4wd will not happen until the complete redo of the existing model. So let's hope for 2014 or 2015.

Until then most likely not much change, but I will give a report after our meeting in May.

the Sprinter Guy

Dave

So I have been like many on this forum waiting for AWD or 4x4 just to be let down many, many times. So unfortunately I had to do the unthinkable and buy a chevy express with the pro package and AWD. As you can imagine it took some getting use to, and it broke my heart to sell my MB, but it helped me to see that there is good in all vans.

Some of the Chevy Pros
- It can tow a house ok just a camper, not a house. Just a bit of hyperbole.
- It's AWD and I put it to the test, I took it places I had no business going! Front wheel drive cars couldn't make it!
- It hasn't started rusting! not bad for an 2003
- Cheap and easy to fix and troubleshoot
- Parts are easy to find used at salvage yards
- Pro package allows access to the outside panels of the van with the remote control.

Some of the Chevy Cons
- MPG 12/16 combined around 14.5 at 3.89 it's about 2100 more a year
- Small inside dimensions
- I may see 250K total on the 5.3 V8
- Torque converter doesn't hold mild hills and unlocks to often, IMO

That's about the extent of what I can see are the glaring obstacles to the chevy, I love the ride of the sprinter. My first choice of course would be a sprinter with AWD or actually 4x4 but it's not possible, so for now I suggest to all of you who NEED awd go Chevy 2500 or 1500 with AWD and screw mercedes for now.

Pro777

Mercedes has announced a 7 speed transmission and other enhancements for Europe. Are we getting the same additions?

We will be having our annual Sprinter Sales Mgr meeting at the factory in Ladson this May 14th, so hopefully I will have much more to report after I return to Central Texas.
Dave
On May 14th, Will the USA have a DEFINITIVE answer about AWD and other significant options available to us THIRSTY consumers from the US ??

I have Ford on my speed dial, and hoping not to have to call them on May 15th....

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
On May 14th, Will the USA have a DEFINITIVE answer about AWD and other significant options available to us THIRSTY consumers from the US ??

I have Ford on my speed dial, and hoping not to have to call them on May 15th....
Now there is a new one to enter the market Maxus impact from China, UK design simple but 10 grand cheaper. cab chassis unit to be released November.

To be released in Australasia in a SWB MWB and long wheel base unit based on the old defunct Leyland-DAF venture including Rover and MG of which were sold to the Chinese.

Mercedes bottom line will take a hit on this unit if sold in Europe. as the Hyundai i-load has already had a large success sales in Australia, with the tradies and Toorack-tractor mums with kids as to the passenger variant. knocking the Vito Mercedes to the ground at eight grand less than the base model Mercedes Vito.

the body remains the same except for engine, transmissions, and a front end with color coded bumpers and interior makeover, out of date!... But give the China, Russia and Asia a few more years, and it's not rocket science to figure who will be leaders in Commercial vehicle sales.
CGP046-osf-maxus-van-respray.jpg
Richard

therabbittree

also the new Nissan NV passenger van models, and the 2013 ford transit vans will be getting a diesel option and the ecoboost turbo gasser engines.. so some more competition for MB.. my local MB dealer has no sprinters.. argh...

Geek

The sprinter rep. at my local MB dealership says there are currently NO plans to bring 4wd to the US in the sprinter.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Winter tests reveal seven speed transmission.
Fuel economy 7 liter of diesel per hundred kilometers if a higher axle ratio is chosen, with additional extra ESP functioning like disc wipe.
Pdf available on transmission. from Benz, direct as a download.
Richard

Zoloyoj1

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/...-new-fuel-efficiency-and-safety-upgrades.html

Anyone know if they will stay the same price around the $40k mark or go up? :hmmm:

How bout a special edition with some recaro seats... must be dreaming :popcorn:
As I have just ordered my new sprinter from Germany, which will be equipped with 7 speed tranny. I can tell you that to me it was extra 900NZD on top of 5 speed auto price.

As for the new i9 stability program which includes disc wipe and brake pre-load, all current models come out with it. But there was no facelift as such, visually it's the same.

Thats for our australasian market.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
As I have just ordered my new sprinter from Germany, which will be equipped with 7 speed tranny. I can tell you that to me it was extra 900NZD on top of 5 speed auto price.

Correct presently with the current Mercedes Sprinter the 7-G auto is available for Diesel engines only and is an option other wise you get the old Five speed auto.

As for the new i9 stability program which includes disc wipe and brake pre-load, all current models come out with it.

Incorrect unless it can be incorporated into the existing line ups with an SV order.:idunno:

Currently 2012 Sprinters still are delivered with ADAPTIVE ESP® Demo ABS Demonstration Demonstration BAS Demonstration ASR Demonstration etc ASR: BAS: EDB: LAC: RMI: USC
:But there was no facelift as such, visually it's the same.

Thats for our australasian market.
Release for the facelift is August 2012 for Australia this incorporates the two most recent ESP functions Prefil and Disc wipe as the latter not on current Sprinters is to remove the water from the rotors.It may be delayed to coincide with the new Citan The latter will be interesting as to how the retail price on invoice is set up yet to be decided by Benz Australia. What America gets is another limited ball park option:idunno: yet to be released.
Prices will increase as to options only, the standard run of the mill 3500 van gets a few features thrown in apart from the facelift to draw the customers attention, price no increase:professor: has been as of yet submitted.
Richard

Top Bottom