PDA

View Full Version : Rust Protection What do you all do?

detroitdevo
03-22-2012, 08:31 PM
I know this isn't the first time this topic has been discussed in a while but.. when perusing the search today for Zeibart or other commercial rust protection I didn't find that many quality threads in recent past dealing with this.

I have my new BigBlue 2500 and I am having the hood and fenders resprayed due to the spotty work from the Texas vendor who applied the Scotchguard 3M paint protection, then once finished I will have our local 3M OEM vendor reapply but now I am thinking in order to keep this baby right I should have the underside sprayed with a wax or other protectant. We don't do this on our VW fleet vehicles because they all have nearly a 1/2" of the factory waxy coating but the Sprinter isn't the same.

OrioN
03-22-2012, 08:41 PM
Nothing.. mine was fully protected from the factory... isn't yours?

detroitdevo
03-22-2012, 09:35 PM
Well I did crawl up under there today (love having a van I can just roll under) and it is sprayed but not nearly as much as our VW's but perhaps it's enough. I just wanted to a second opinion from the peanut gallery. It seems like it might be enough but I live/work in Detroit so I had to ask.

sailsailor
03-23-2012, 12:44 PM
This is what I've been using for twenty five years. What started me on it was the smell reminded me of what was used in the military when working on ASW aircraft.

mean_in_green
03-23-2012, 01:50 PM
Dinitrol. The stuff I bought on two years ago hasn't come off yet. Military forces here use it on their fleets.

david_42
03-23-2012, 06:19 PM
Other than cleaning the dog drool off the interior panels, nothing.

Ace in the hole
03-24-2012, 02:01 AM
I have tried Fluid Film, seems like good stuff but only time will tell.