PDA

View Full Version : Instrument cluster

Sprinter
10-15-2007, 02:28 AM
My 2007 Sprinter has single display cluster with no buttons on the steering wheel. I really like this dual LCD with buttons, do You guys know if I can still upgrade? I don't know if it's just a matter of getting new cluster and buttons or maybe new computer/cables is required. Again, dealer doesn't know so they say "NO" unbelievable

Altered Sprinter
10-15-2007, 02:56 AM
My 2007 Sprinter has single display cluster with no buttons on the steering wheel. I really like this dual LCD with buttons, do You guys know if I can still upgrade? I don't know if it's just a matter of getting new cluster and buttons or maybe new computer/cables is required. Again, dealer doesn't know so they say "NO" unbelievable
Sprinter you left your run too late on this one replacement of entire dash cluster plus steering wheel and or including extra wiring that may be required plus having everything done by the dealer and a code rest $$$$$$$$$$$$$ shows us your Kanga's :smilewink: Dollars, green backs:laughing: Think of this ! The more the Electronics you have installed in your Sprinter! The more likely hood of code failures and frustration of starting a thread about these very contensiuos Elcto issues with Sprinters US bound.
Richard

Sprinter
10-15-2007, 09:07 PM
Actually, I think You're right Richard. Maybe in this case the simpler the better. It's just that would be nice to have computer showing avg mpg and the only thing pissing me off now is that I don't know coolant temperature! But I can live without it, I guess it would tell me if it's too high

I am not gonna bother then, I will continue to work on mileage, for some reason I just have the feeling I can get to 27 mark

BTW did You use RL-3 with cetane booster? I just ordered but don't have it yet

Pete

merdas
10-16-2007, 12:55 AM
"the only thing pissing me off now is that I don't know coolant temperature!"

I have the same cluster and it also makes me angry not to know if my motor is running at the right temp. Maybe there is an aftermarket sensor that we could mount somewhere in the cab to show coolant temp? Before is too late.
What do you think?

OrioN
10-16-2007, 03:40 AM
Does knowing your Mpg get you more Mpg's?
:popcorn:

Sprinter
10-16-2007, 06:51 AM
of course not but it wouldn't hurt to have it, besides radio is kinda far it would be nice to change stations with fingertips

Altered Sprinter
10-16-2007, 07:49 AM
Sprinter
:lol:Where were you when floor shift was about with am radio that had Bakelite knobs and every thing was done by hand including using your foot on the gas pedal:laughing:
Here is a question! amuse me please, cruize control !! what year, or model even!!! was it first used,http://sprinter-source.com/forum/images/icons/icon5.gif now think carefully, the question has a trick in it:smilewink:
Fuel additves RL-85 plus I only used for winter fuels not sure if I like it, as it was the first year I have used it and winter was real short down under.[it did increase power out- put, though]
Temp guage dang there is not one on the standard guage, except the light warning that's dumb unless it's programed to show must check my manual as I have the hi-line version mind you the boys do I'm stuck with my trusty 2005 that keeps on keeping on.
Richard