PDA

View Full Version : First ride of the year and P0299 problem

moto_955
03-09-2012, 03:55 AM
So I have two separate issues with my 2006 Dodge Sprinter. One is Code P2A00 which I understand pertains to the 02 sensor. I replaced my 02 sensor and the code is still present. Any other suggestions?

My second and more urgent issue is that I took my sprinter off the road last November and had it parked inside a dry shed through the winter for about 4 months without being started. I took it out for my first drive today and the van quickly went into some kind of limp mode which wouldn't allow the engine to go above 2500 rpm. The code my scanner is reading is P0299 (note that this is just a generic scanner from Canadian Tire). I already replaced the turbo resonator last fall and drove it afterwards with no issues. The van was in fine running condition with no issues when I parked it. I checked the hose clamps on the turbo resonator and they look good and tight. While I was under the van I noticed a fair amount of antifreeze which is clearly leaking from somewhere but I couldn't locate the leak and I'm not sure if this could have anything to do with my turbo issue or not. Any suggestions of what to do next? Dr. A where is your shop located?