PDA

View Full Version : Possibilities for Dually Rims?

electron
10-13-2007, 03:34 PM
Hi all, just purchased an 07 3500 (averaging 18mpg - Electrician contractor fully loaded sprinter!).

Just had a question: don't really care for the stock steel rims. Any options for the 3500? I've searched, and all I seem to come across are options for the 2500...

I guess I'd like info on doing all the rims (4 in back, two in front). The more I search on google, the more I'm getting frustrated!!! Maybe someone can shed some light on this!

Oh, one more question. I don't have the manual, and I simply cannot seem to figure out how to set the clock. I'm sure it's a no brainer, but I've hit every button, held every button that I can think of, and still can't seem to figure it out!!! Thanks again!!!

Dennis

electron
10-16-2007, 12:18 PM
No 3500 love?

mean_in_green
10-16-2007, 03:01 PM
Although I haven't seen them with my own eyes, I'm told that options for duallies does exist.

Without wanting to raise your hopes too high I'm afraid I can't impart anything more useful, other than it is a wheel from an american vehicle (...?!).

The only reason I know this is that a bloke who wants to buy my van knows a Dutchman who has a set of alloys for a dually, and they're trying to do a deal togther for them.

I've also seen fabulous Alcoa type wheels on a dually, but Alcoa themselves don't list the application.

I love allys just because they are ally, but they're not the most practical for a durable appearance if you live in a wet country.

Have you thought about stainless trims? They look nearly as good to my eye, and they're much cheaper:

Altered Sprinter
10-16-2007, 03:13 PM
simon those after market caps for duallys are UK made I've seen them on eBay but not of late in stanless steel too there is a US firm again I never kept the link :bash: the US site offered to include logos in the centre cap like remember Sep11 and US flags etc or what ever.
Any clues as to a lead, on the UK site?
Richard

electron
10-16-2007, 10:49 PM
stainless trims wouldn't be bad! any more info?

Altered Sprinter
10-17-2007, 12:13 AM
Dodge - Freightliner Sprinter Van: Accessories and Equipment (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=2&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sprinteraccessories.com%2F&ei=0kQVR43hHpq8gwOZqISvCA&usg=AFQjCNFhwn7MVmdVgecHR5-K30tVHrTFWw&sig2=QDD_AvjFJKqB8mKIhkjbUw)
Richard

mean_in_green
10-17-2007, 08:38 AM
simon...
...Any clues as to a lead, on the UK site?
Richard

I bought mine from here Richard:

http://wheelcovers.co.uk

They're about £250 +/- for a set.

I modified my fronts to accept the black plastic factory trim, to visually enhance the effect of the trims actually looking like wheels. People are often quite suprised when I tell them they're trims. I've only polished them once in five years too!

Simon

Altered Sprinter
10-17-2007, 09:15 AM
Very interesting possibility's there Note: i could not find a reference to the new o6 on-wards models as to different lug Patten Those were the ones!That I had remembered from seeing Yonks ago , Thanks Simon.
Richard