Electrical gremlins

Thunderbolt

I went to start my van (2003 311cdi, mwb, high top), all lights were normal, when the glow plug light went out I turned the key. Nothing no turning no clicking nothing. The alternator light went out and the glow plug light went on and stayed on. It did this several times.
checked the battery, fine 12.8v.
Added my jumpstart pack, still the smae not playing.
Mate jeff and his landy diesel come to jump start, still nothing.
Under the sprinter to check the starter, nothing is going to it:cry:
:bash: the starter, still nothing.
Under the drivers set I randomly fiddle with fuses, then start to remove the cover under the steering column, but just turn the key while I fiddle and she starts.

So I figure:thinking: that I have a loose connection, but where:idunno: I dunno

Any ideas any body??

jmoller99

Own a DAD ODB2 Unit.
I had all manner of poor connections in my 2002 Sprinter when I first got it. I ended up pulling each fuse and relay, spraying contact cleaner on both parts (I also did some minor adjustments to the fuse holders to help them grab better) and then reassembled. It cleared up many issues. I have also gone thru many connectors and done the same thing. Power everything off before doing any of this.

roussel789

I went to start my van (2003 311cdi, mwb, high top), all lights were normal, when the glow plug light went out I turned the key. Nothing no turning no clicking nothing. The alternator light went out and the glow plug light went on and stayed on. It did this several times.
checked the battery, fine 12.8v.
Added my jumpstart pack, still the smae not playing.
Mate jeff and his landy diesel come to jump start, still nothing.
Under the sprinter to check the starter, nothing is going to it:cry:
:bash: the starter, still nothing.
Under the drivers set I randomly fiddle with fuses, then start to remove the cover under the steering column, but just turn the key while I fiddle and she starts.

So I figure:thinking: that I have a loose connection, but where:idunno: I dunno

Any ideas any body??
It might be from the power supply wire and the ground wire you need to check now.

Top Bottom