PDA

View Full Version : Those "squares" they put on the vans...

AzteK
10-11-2007, 12:50 AM
Hey, My dads NCV3, well his last one (traded it in for another :P ) had these square or rectangle pieces glued to the ceiling of his van, all over. Im guessing this stopped the sheet metal rattle. Because when you knock on the metal, it had a dull thud rather then a bong sound.

Im sure someone knows what im talking about.

I want these things in my van. Anyone know where I can buy them, and how I can install them?

Thanks.

OrioN
10-11-2007, 04:55 AM
Sound Deadening Material indeed... I use it, it works as promised. $$$$$$

Google "Dynamat" for it and the lower priced competitors

AzteK
10-13-2007, 08:44 PM
But the ones that came with the van on the ceiling, those arent dynamat "pads" are they? They were like 4"x8" pieces all over, but didnt cover the entire ceiling.

I just wish he still had that van so I could take a pic or two.

OrioN
10-13-2007, 09:01 PM
That's the beauty of a "dynamat" type product...it doesn't have to cover the entire surface to work...it doesn't insulate sound from the exterior in ways that one might expect; what it does is reduce the resonance of said sound to the point where is lowers it's volume, and it also lowers the interier volume noice by 'absorbing' or deadening the sound waves that would normally amplify on a vibrating surface like the truck's metal body panels.....

This is best i can explain in my nutshell....again do a google on 'dynamat' and it's competitive products

AzteK
10-14-2007, 01:19 AM
oh, I have, believe you me :)

Id like to find a local place first before I go online. Expensive to begin with, then you gots the shipping. I always thought their product was covered in a silver lining. But I guess you can get them in any color, or paint overf em, cause it looked like it was.

Which would you get though? They have many to offer, and at the prices they put on you, I dont wanna go testing different products. Their Dynaspray looks hot. Sadly, I dunno if one jug will do a whole van! (interior)

OrioN
10-14-2007, 02:54 AM
Hmmmm... the last time i used some, to line my computer/workstation case to lower the fans and hard drives whining and stop the case metal from being a speaker of sorts, i used the real Dynamat. The sole reason i used their product was that my buddy, who owns a car audio store, owed me money so we traded for a piece he stocked.