Dyno tests

Jonquale

Has anyone done a dyno test on For a 2007 Sprinter, with the 3.0 liter diesel engine, to confirm the (hp & tq) specs in the Dodge/Freightliner brochures? It'd be really nice to know we're getting 184 hp rather than 154, and a similar increase in torque.:drool:

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Has anyone done a dyno test on For a 2007 Sprinter, with the 3.0 liter diesel engine, to confirm the (hp & tq) specs in the Dodge/Freightliner brochures? It'd be really nice to know we're getting 184 hp rather than 154, and a similar increase in torque.:drool:
I thought about it, but I decided I'd wait to see if it is still important to me in 6 months.

The closest one to me is at Dynomite Diesel Performance in Monroe, Washington (State).

For what it's worth, the stickers under the hood match the specs in the brochures.

-Jon

Black Sheep

I read somewhere in the manual that you will damage the vehicle if it is put on a dyno... I guess the esp stuff.. I have access to a dynojet dyno that I strap my SS to quite frequently and I can do a pull w/ the sprinter if you guys can tell me what fuse, or plug to disconnect so the ESP does not go all wonky on it. (This I have to do on my Trailblazer SS as well) I will strap it down... If it clears the bay doors!

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Hi Guys
As there are threads relating to Jonquale's question Included is the pictorial thread from the original MB specifications.
Note : Legally as defined by US DOT and EPA mandates the sprinters are classed 2500 and 3500 Only this makes The designated Numbers as to Euro specs 218 CDi and 318 CDi
Class 2500 CDR=218 CDi the first number is for tonne the last two numbers..18 designated stand for HP = 184 H
Class 3500 CDR=318 CDi the first number followed by the last two Numbers are as above with the exception as to weight class. 2500 = 3000Kg 3500=3500KG this varies on length of van and suspension set ups from van cargo Passenger and cab chassis but stops at the max of 4200KG if it is to stay legal as to US class classifications.
The axle ratio standard on the V6 is 3.923 or if automatic the option of 4.111 I think from memory is correct I will check on this, as to the photo being present that shows the final ratios on another thread:thinking: .. Mistakes are known to happen:bash:
The axle ratio for final drive of 4.364 is for the manual 4-inline not an automatic and not for a current production series V6 diesel engine.
As this photo clearly shows the differences, and as to the now 7 month old web site errors on the US side. that have not been rectified to this day.An explanation on another thread was German to English translation, However this is a editorial mistake no one bothered to look at the original specifications, it's that simple. some sites show variations between Diesel and gas specifications Gas being a 245 BHP power out put,which only leads to more confusion as new members join the forum .
The above figures for engines are 100% accurate again as I have said before: Quote, this is not a MB problem! or to be specific and proper Daimler AG. but from the former DCX management team of two tribes, two synergies! That were at conflict as to each other differences, of opinions! from the US side of Chrysler.
Richard
cdi123.jpg
Up dating standard axle ratio for trhe US side is as photo shows 4.182 This was meant for a 4-inline but it will work as both are automatic. Have a dyno check get the figures and sue them :laughing:
4182.jpg

Last edited:

The Guru

If you require to put the vehicle on a Dyno to test engine output the Instrument cluster has a workshop menu which will allow you to turn the "Roller test' on or off.

Not to sure why we finished talking about diff ratios?

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
GURU>axle ratio links to another thread to the sweet spot on rpm approx 300 rpm differences, same member as above Re: Fuel economy - Diesel V6 the confusion is,the Dodge has a lower HP engine:thinking: but it is not! unless they used a very old first generation V6 which has a match to the official US HP for Diesel V6 CDR even the gas has the same anomaly's this was mentioned for Gerry who is always looking in as a would be Sprinter buyer who has a liken for Spark plugs ! Maybe?
Interaction on the threads is what the community in the forum does not just me just about everyone. If you comment the thread stays active and the interest continues as to the fact members are not always on-line, it keeps an interest alive. You'll get the hang of it.
Richard

Last edited:

Top Bottom