Converting the 2005 Sprinter to veg oil

windsolar

Just got a 2006 View that has the 2005 5 cyl Mercedes diesel. I have three VW TDI's that are converted to run on SVO. I had not intended on converting the Mercedes, but it is tempting as I have a simple centrifuge and could set it on a cargo carrier on the back of the rig and easily centrifuge oil when on the road. Anyone out there convert the 2005 Sprinter? Nay problems, success? Or should I just leave her alone. I do worry about messing with such an expensive machine. Converting a $10,000 VW is a lot less risk than a $47,000 Sprinter RV. Thanks

david_42

Unless you only use your View for short local trips, conversion isn't a good idea. You aren't going to be able to find sources on any long trip without wasting a great deal of time looking. Plus, do you really want to haul the processing equipment around? I only know one people that has done so and he gave it up after the first trip. He says that if your goal is to meet lots of people in the 'business', fine. But he purchased the RV for traveling.

Top Bottom