Transmission cooler line fittings?

Moose111

New to posting here though I did a lot of research here before purchasing my low mileage 2006 Sprinter back in November.
Loving it so far and I have been making some preemptive upgrades.
Right now I am planning on adding additional transmission fluid filtering with an aftermarket spin on filter as I have seen others here on the forum do.

My question is about the stock fittings---to do this as neatly as possible(instead of just splicing hose). Where can I purchase the proper transmission line fittings?
I am assuming they are metric? or will normal 5/8 transmission line fittings work?

Thanks in advance
Marcy

Moose,

my transmission cooler lines just rusted out at the bottom of the radiator. i ordered a new set but I see they do not include new lines to the actual radiator. I also see that the fittings going into the radiator are made of more rust than solid metal and my hopes for succesful extraction are not particularly high. I do not know how bad yours are or if you can are able to reuse your stock cooler...if not you might go my back up route which is just to install an external cooler. As for fittings...i do not know the size but you can look at some of the racing catalogs like summit or Jegs for a plethora of fluid fittings.

Moose,

... I do not know how bad yours are or if you can are able to reuse your stock cooler...if not you might go my back up route which is just to install an external cooler. ...
CSwede,
I've been coating my lines with grease to stave off the rusting which was already there when I bought mine used. Living in the land of salt and rust failure is likely inevitable. Looking at the fittings I'm thinking taking them apart will probably not be an option. I wouldn't be against an aftermarket cooler should the lines to the radiator not come apart. What size cooler did you use? Was the size you used recommended, or was it a personal decision? Thanks, vic

talkinghorse43

I've been coating my lines with grease to stave off the rusting which was already there when I bought mine used. Living in the land of salt and rust failure is likely inevitable. Looking at the fittings I'm thinking taking them apart will probably not be an option.
IIRC, the socket fitting on the radiator is aluminum while the mating tubing and nut are steel - a bad combination. Like the injectors in their wells, I've been dripping engine oil on them whenever I can think to do it.

Top Bottom