PDA

View Full Version : looking at sprinter to buy

mbz300sd
02-13-2012, 11:52 PM
I am look at a 2002 sprinter with 230,000 mile on it. The owner is asking $3000.00. Is that a good price and will the sprinter be reliable with that many miles on it? Thanks for your help

OrioN
02-13-2012, 11:55 PM
I am look at a 2002 sprinter with 230,000 mile on it. The owner is asking $3000.00. Is that a good price and will the sprinter be reliable with that many miles on it? Thanks for your help

Breakfast cost me $38 today, so $3k seems fair.

Your question isn't real fair... please post the driver(s) & service history, so that the members can give you a fair assessment.

RIMSPOKE
02-14-2012, 12:14 AM
I just paid 11 grand for my 2006 with 275,000 on it so 3000 bucks sounds like
a heck of a deal .

My '06 is a 140" passenger version in beautiful shape inside & out with some cool options like a sunroof rear air and alloy wheels .
It was meticulously maintained and i have all the service records from day 1 .

If the one you are looking at is in reasonably nice shape and actually runs ,
it almost sounds too good to be true .

MillionMileSprinter
02-14-2012, 12:17 AM
Photos would be good, along with more information about the van. What size is it? Passenger or cargo? Is it running? Does it have rust?

230,000 miles are not very many for a sprinter, as long as it has been taken care of. Use the search bar for "high mileage sprinters" to see what people are getting.

Aqua Puttana
02-14-2012, 12:19 AM
Breakfast cost me $38 today, so $3k seems fair.
Wow. Sounds pretty upscale for breakfast to me. I guess I'll scratch you off my possible co-driver list. Waffle House (my wife calls it Awful House) is our traditional stop on the way south because back in the day Waffle Houses were only found down where it's warm so we knew we were getting close. They've moved north since, but I'm still in that rut... creature of habit. Never hit 38 bucks at WH yet.

Your question isn't real fair... please post the driver(s) & service history, so that the members can give you a fair assessment.
+1

As Sprinter prices go that may be too good if the body is decent and all else is not otherwise trashed. (Let's hope you fell into a great deal though. :thumbup:)

My 2004 has over 230,000 miles. The body is pretty good, but rust pock marks are visible. The interior is good to fair. Mechanically it is up to snuff. I would never give it up for anything even near $3000.00 if that means anything. Good luck. vic

icarus
02-14-2012, 12:36 AM
^You've never eaten in Downtown Vancouver!

Icarus

SOLBRTs
02-14-2012, 04:13 PM
Additional benefit of Waffle House: Before hurricanes, etc. they overstock local warehouses and they have multi-level plans for being partially to fully operational depending on the availability of power, water, etc. FEMA uses the number of open Waffle Houses to judge disaster severity.

Also nothing better at the end of a night of too much fun. We eat organic, free range, sustainable, blah, blah, blah, but WH is a definite guilty pleasure.

SOLBRTs
02-14-2012, 04:17 PM
^You've never eaten in Downtown Vancouver!

Icarus

And when the hell did we start accepting a $38 nice breakfast out as the norm, while being thankful it didn't cost more!!

Something has gone terribly, terribly, wrong!

david_42
02-14-2012, 04:51 PM
Sprinters are prone to rust, you can run s search to find details. So, far my 2004 only has rust where Boss Bailey drools, but I seem to be an exception. You haven't mentioned where you live, either. That can make a big difference. $3000 is very low for the year and mileage, so you might want to post your location and get a recommendation for a mechanic.

OrioN
02-14-2012, 05:00 PM
And when the hell did we start accepting a $38 nice breakfast out as the norm, while being thankful it didn't cost more!!

...about the time we accepted $60k sprinters... Eating at Waffle House is akin to driving a Ford :shifty: :thumbdown:

Aqua Puttana
02-14-2012, 05:20 PM
... Eating at Waffle House is akin to driving a Ford :shifty: :thumbdown:

EASY,

there bucko! :lol:

vic