PDA

View Full Version : Super singles & seat covers

Pilbara
02-12-2012, 09:11 PM
Hi, a noob here to forum and Sprinters. I purchased a new last year, 519 4x4 LWB Dropside. I have swivel seats (plan is to convert to a motor home one day).
I would like to fit the Super Singles like the Obrienger Dealer was of no help and hoping someone here can point me in the right direction. Also i would appreciate any leads on good quality seat covers that will fit well with the swivel seats.

Cheers
Pilbara

Altered Sprinter
02-12-2012, 09:19 PM
Super singles SuSi are for a 4 series Sprinter only unless your 5 series van is down-rated to under 4.5 GVM.
Seat covers can be sourced from chris.case@midlandstruckvan.com in the UK
Richard

OrioN
02-12-2012, 10:02 PM
Is Chris officially back in business and shipping to the Belly of the Beast, and its northern neighboUr?

Altered Sprinter
02-13-2012, 01:17 AM
Is Chris officially back in business and shipping to the Belly of the Beast, and its northern neighboUr?
Nothing stopping Chris from supplying provided you pay the VAT..I'd like to see how Benz can stuff that one up as the UK has a free trade agreement with the USA same down under. The plain inconvenient truth of the matter is Chris is one of the few that can access the Vin's fully and actually supply accessorizes that dealers just are not offering.
In the last six months I've been heavily into some else on another forum that problem has now been resolved but it's MAINLY FOR OTHER MANUFACTURES.
Personally I don't give a rats about Benz and the sly way they went about doing business but it took a few nuts on this forum that broke the unwritten law,:professor: Don't go shoving a receipt in front of a dealers face:tongue: it really pisses them off.:yell: being caught out,:eek: the end result think smart, and shut up.
Reminds me I have to send something back to Chris any way months late as usual:bash: but I am all over Australia at the moment,just can't sit still. :smilewink:
Richard

mean_in_green
02-13-2012, 05:28 AM
Do Oberainger fit Super Singles to front axles? I would have said not up until recently but then an image was posted on here (can't find it now) showing some plainly non-standard larger wheels fitted to both axles. The image wasn't good enough to tell how it might have been done on the front, whether adaptors or replacement hubs.

I'd be interested to read more if you'd care to add your findings to this thread?

Some basic SuSi info in this (http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9232&highlight=king+dead) post, mainly showing the differences in PCD compared to standard wheel and an image of a SuSi rear hub.

Altered Sprinter
02-13-2012, 07:44 AM
Recently saw a 4 series NCV 316CDi Sprinter in Brisbane with SuSI wheels on the back but with the 4/5 series front hubs chased the van around a roundabout trying to get a picture but in peak traffic with two lanes I gave up the chase."I thought I was in France":lol:
There are wider rims for the front and rear Not offered in Australia.Why because no one knows or asks about them, till it's too late.
Dealers are very evasive with information when it comes to a 4x4 Sprinter. Just add 22 grand:shifty:
Richard

Sprinter SS
02-13-2012, 10:46 AM
Chris cannott sell to the US as per franchise agreement with MB. He can ship to another UK address and the third party can ship it out but by the time you do all that you are talking some serious $.

It sure is helpful to have him supply part numbers however.

Pilbara
02-14-2012, 05:12 AM
Thanks people So the SuSi don't have the load rating for the 5T 519?
I am in oz so will send chris a note re covers. There seems to be a lot of 'bigger' trucks around with SuSi. Wondering why nothing would be available for 519? Probably my ignorance maybe...

Cheers
Pilbara

mean_in_green
02-14-2012, 05:53 AM
The load rating depends, partly on Daimler-Chrysler and partly on the importer in your geographical location.

It doesn't help in trying to understand it that DC appear to sell the same vehicle at slightly different weight ratings around the world. Could just be to satisfy local legislation? On top of that there are also a confusing number of spring hardware possibilities.

For example the common or garden 3xx seems to have several spring options in the UK whilst always being badged as a 3xx.

The four wheeled UK one with SuSi rear axle is sold as a 4.6t, badged as a 4xx but I think they are sold as 5xx in some regions. Yet the non-SuSi option for the same van here gets you a six wheeled 5.0t, badged as a 5xx!

Note that a UK SuSi doesn't come with any spare wheels, you have to buy and figure out your own storage (http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11898&highlight=susi+rack) for them.

The myriad suspension options...