Heater controls

1mbdoc

My o4 has no light in the left 3rd of the heater controls, has anyone succesfully fixed the control lights.???

ECU

2006 T1n 118 Sprinter
You can buy the lamps and replace them. It involves quite a bit of removal and separating the circut board from the controls. But it can be done. I felt it was a lot of work for one little tiny lamp. I think I did break a bulb in the attempt. But the replacement package had two or three bulbs in it.

jmoller99

Own a DAD ODB2 Unit.
Spray lube (I used a graphite spray from Lowes hardware) the cables that are attached to the air flow control knob while its out. Get the lube into the tubes that that cables run thru - it will move a lot better. There are 2 lights to change and its a lot of work to get to them - take advantage of the access while you can.

maxextz

Rollin Rollin Rollin.....
i found with mine when one of the blubs went that the light carrier"its a clear plastic light diffuser of sorts"had actually melted with the heat of the bulbs,there is no fix or replacement part and if you like your lights a new control unit is the only option.the bulb is near impossible to replace and requires having to bend both plastic housing and pcb to remove the bugger.:wtf:

have fun.:popcorn:

Top Bottom