Tightening Seat Back Recline speed?

GuerillaBill

Just picked up a new to me 2004 Great West Vans Sprinter 2500, and noticed the seat back recline adjustment for the passenger seat lets the seat fall back when pulled.

Is there a way to adjust this so that it requires a bit of push to go back or forward?

Here's the problem. My wife pulls the seat back handle to adjust the recline position, and the seat back goes all the way back. So she's laying there fully reclined, and can't get it back up unless I pull over and help her.

It is kind of embarrassing.

Any help is appreciated!

jmoller99

Own a DAD ODB2 Unit.
Sounds like a broken spring (or something that resembles a small shock absorber that no longer works) . Also it sounds like you might have after market seats.

I suspect that you will have to take the seat apart and try to find the problem, If its aftermarket seat, you'll need to contact the vendor/manufacturer for parts.

I have seats from a Toyota in mine now (I gave the original seats away years ago). My factory passenger side seat did not recline at all (must have been ordered without that capability, or it was not available on the 2002 models).

Top Bottom