G24 question - sleep 4 mod?

empty-c

I am considering a G24 for my family - 2 aults, 2 kids. I am planning on removing the 2 person bench and table behind the driver, and putting in a pull out sofa with seat belts. Has anyone done this? If so, who did the work?

Thanks

israndy

2007 LTV Serenity
The table pops out and the seats are 4 bolts, 4 big bolts. I would shop for a fold out bed first as I don't know that there even is one available for that size space. It will be quite a floor space suck. Making it hard to get out w/o moving the bed. Still, it is probably the best design for sleeping 4 people and still having room for stuff. I don't know what the law is as far as re-designing seat belts from how the manufacturer originally configured them.

-Randy

empty-c

Thanks for the reply. I should have clarified, I was thinking of mounting the sofa on the wall, then it would pull out into the space behind the passenger seat. Do you think this would take up less room?

israndy

2007 LTV Serenity
No I know what you ment, just the door on the G24 will not open all the way or it would cover the furnace outlet so it has a stop and thus the space directly behind the passenger seat is where you get out. Floor space is overrated if I can avoid sleeping on it. I would rather climb over a bed to get out than have to sleep on the floor.

I think it will be an exciting change and can't wait to see what you do. Remember that the drivers seat will be impacted by the sofa being too wide so measure at your most slid back and leaned back position for the drivers seat before selecting your sofa. There is definitely space for two to sit side by side under that window between the bath and the driver's seat.

-Randy

Bikeboy57

This is just one person's opinion based on the experience. We had a B, tried to fit four in it, worked marginally, and those dang kids grew. For us it was just too confined if the weather kept us in it. Plus making the beds for the kids locked us in.

Ended up with a succession of class A's, kept the last one, and now are back in the B biz with a G26.

I'm just saying, plan on them getting bigger and not wanting to cozy with one another.

Top Bottom