LF Oil filter Wrench Calgary area NV3

T.J.T

I am a new owner of a 2008 dodge sprinter 2500 and have owned this van for 4 months now. I thought I would be able to handle my first oil change as I work well with tools and never had a problem before.

After watching videos online (of the T1N :( ) I thought this would take a hour or two. Ive gotten hung up on not having the correct wrench for the filter cap.

http://store.europarts-sd.com/oilfiltercapwrench-30v6dieselengine2007-2009.aspx

I put 400 ish km on a day and have spent the last 3 days trying various generic tools to get this oil filter cap off. I now have 400 km before my service is up but I am not sure how long my online order will take.

The only supplies I found were all from the US and rush shipping(not sure how quick that actually is over the boarder) is another 50 bucks on top of the 40 for the part.

So my dilemma is I would like to do this oil change before it arrives and wanted to check if anyone in Calgary would lend me this for a couple hours. I would be willing to buy a case of beer or something to say thanks for the help.

Its a shot on the dark but I thought I would ask.

Last edited:

bcislander

'07 Mercedes-badged Dodge
I am a new owner of a 2008 dodge sprinter 2500 and have owned this van for 4 months now. I thought I would be able to handle my first oil change as I work well with tools and never had a problem before.

After watching videos online (of the NV1 :( ) I thought this would take a hour or two. Ive gotten hung up on not having the correct wrench for the filter cap.

http://store.europarts-sd.com/oilfiltercapwrench-30v6dieselengine2007-2009.aspx

I put 400 ish km on a day and have spent the last 3 days trying various generic tools to get this oil filter cap off. I now have 400 km before my service is up but I am not sure how long my online order will take.

The only supplies I found were all from the US and rush shipping(not sure how quick that actually is over the boarder) is another 50 bucks on top of the 40 for the part.

So my dilemma is I would like to do this oil change before it arrives and wanted to check if anyone in Calgary would lend me this for a couple hours. I would be willing to buy a case of beer or something to say thanks for the help.

Its a shot on the dark but I thought I would ask.
I'm not any where near Calgary, but had the same problem of not being able to find a suitable cap-type oil filter wrench. I finally went to a Lordco auto parts store & found a universal oil filter wrench. It's a KD #3228 3-jaw wrench that worked well for me. Obviously YMMV, especially if the oil filter cap was overtightened. You might find something similar in one of the Calgary FLAPS.

Attachments

T.J.T

I have tried the nylon and also the metal strap tool, the depth of the cap and the limited space dont allow me to get enough torque on the cap and it may be over tightened and im not sure when the last oil service was done.

Thanks for the reply I will check some stores tomorrow.

T.J.T

Dont need this anymore, I got it to finally come off and next oil change I will have my part I ordered.

Top Bottom